Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tracy521

1540 Fractional Laser

I need some advice. I went to a plastic surgeon a while ago and mentioned to him how I wanted to fix my bumpy chin and he suggested the 1540 fractional laser. He said I should get 70% improvement and that I would need 5 treatments at $375 a piece. I decided to try dermasweep with a peel as well as using differin to see if it would help those bumps to clear out before i spent the money on the laser and it did nothing. So anyway I am back to square one here. I am going to see another plastic surgeon on Monday for another opinion as well as my derm but the last derm i saw said that she could biopsy it but that it would leave a scar and that was it. I am attaching pics and would love to hear anybody's opinion. If you look at the pics it looks like a wavy line in the skin where above it almost looks like tissue loss but the lady at the medical spa told me it just looks that way due to the raised areas below it. I started noticing a few small bumps back in november and had a good facial which seemed to mostly clear them out and then back in january or so they came back and looked worse so i had a few acleara treatments and they looked so much better and now they are back and much much worse. It makes my chin look so awful and i cant cover it up with makeup and its making me very very self conscious. I am open to what you all think. My chin is not as red as it looks in the pics I think it was the lighting because in the one pic it looks normal. Also I dont buy that this is scarring because my chin was super super clear before November and in the last 4 years I have had only a few zits on my chin mostly in the jaw area. I am currently using Benzaclin and taking a maintenance dose of 50mg of doxy a day.

Edited by tracy521

i am just asking if anybody knows what this is on my chin and if the 1540 fractional laser can really help to fix it. thanks!

The bumps just look like cystic acne or deeply embedded closed comedones. You're better off treating those with a retinoid than a laser.

The white patch area...well honestly that looks like a burn scar. I burned my hand on a stove when I was young and my skin looked like that. I'm wondering if you had too many laser treatments, they were too close together, or the energy level was too aggressive...

thanks for the info green gables! i appreciate it. yeah i tried differin for 3 weeks which didnt do anything but i saw other person about my skin and she suggested trying retin-a again but only every 3rd night since i seem to get super red from it and peel like crazy. i have to wait a few weeks to see a that lady again with another derm to get the proper diagnosis but they gave me some new cleanser and lotion that is free from all chemicals to use for now. i never have done any laser treatments except for acleara acne laser treatment (that helped my chin look better for a bit - its like a vacuum that cleans the pores and helps to clear acne) and have only had IPL (not done on chin) and chemical peels. its odd that i had a few bumps that basically appeared overnight months ago and then it just keeps getting worse. i was almost thinking it was sebaceous hyperplasia but not too sure. i am going to another place today to get checked out and see if they have an idea. everybody that looks at it is stumped for now so if nobody can figure it out i might have to have a biopsy done. ugh!!

some new recent pics but you cant see much from these. i look stupid in the one smiling but i wanted to show how it looks worse when i smile. its like lumps under the skin with some of them having what kind of looks like a whitehead but when squeezed nothing comes out or if it does it looks just like sebum or something like that.

Edited by tracy521

in that lighting, it really just looks like you have stuff still under the skin.

my chin still kind of looks like that, but it is slowly getting better after 4 months on a strong retinoid.

in that lighting, it really just looks like you have stuff still under the skin.

my chin still kind of looks like that, but it is slowly getting better after 4 months on a strong retinoid.

i will have to try the retin-a again. i have tried it before and got really red and peeled from it but i just started out using it everyday instead of a few times a week and working my way up. i could go back to the differin but i felt like it was causing more scarring on my chin if that makes any sense.

wow ur skins looking really good now! Congrats!!!

are you talking to me? wow i think it looks so awful but thank you!!!!

Wow, Fraxel at less than 400 a treatment?

That's craziness! I've been getting Fraxel and it costs me 1200 a pop. Yikes. But right now I'm breaking out horribly and I believe it may be in part due to Fraxel since a lot of people report stubborn breakouts after the treatments, so if I were you, I would steer clear of Fraxel.

It does help with scars though, which is nice. But to me, the break out just isn't worth it.

And PS your chin doesn't look bad at all, I've seen much worse. (As in me)

:)