Notifications
Clear all

I Seriously Don't Know What To Do Anymore... 🙁

MemberMember
(@keilebakescupcakes)

Posted : 06/21/2012 5:25 pm

I'm not sure if this is even the right board for this post, because I do get nodules/cysts (mostly hormonal) but only 1 or 2 around the time of my cycle, so I'm not sure if my acne is considered severe. Anyhow, I have been on the regimen for about about 4 months now. I had to tweak a little to fit what I felt was best appropriate for my skin.

My regimen goes as follows;

MORNING:

Wash with Cetaphil daily cleanser in the shower

Apply Oil of Olays for sensitive skin moisturizer

Wait for it to absorb, apply makeup

I wear Revlon ColorStay Aqua mineral makeup and

physcians formula concealer (green and skin tinted)

NIGHT:

Remove makeup with albolene

Wash with cetaphil

apply dans BP

moisturize

I can't apply Bp in the morning, it already makes my skin too dry even using it just once at night. I actually have started to break out on my cheeks and on my chin in small whiteheads like things (that don't have a head, just bumpy type things, very small *little bit bigger than a grain of salt or something*) and the rest of my skin just looks lack luster and dull :/ oh, and I still get my hormonal nodule-type things.

my cycle can be quite irregular. I've read somewhere that this type of mild acne can be due to PCOS, along with the irregularity of my period. AGH, I NEED ADVICE. HELP. ANYTHING.

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 06/21/2012 7:02 pm

Hello there! I'll help you to the best of my ability :)

First, I would possibly look into birth control to help with hormones...you could go to a good dermatologist or you could browse the different options yourself.

Second, could you send a link to some basic info about your moisturizer, there are so many different0 "olays" and "oil of olays"...so link me specifically what you are using.

Third: How much BP are you using?

4th: I would use SOMETHING to treat acne in the morning. There are many options (BHA, sulfur, sodium sulfacetamide, tea tree oil, green cream, retinoid, etc etc).

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 06/21/2012 8:04 pm

I would look on the Nutrition board.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 06/21/2012 8:49 pm

I would look on the Nutrition board.

Yep. And i'd look into some organic makeup if you insist on wearing it. I'd also eliminate all chemicals you apply to your skin. (so no oil of olay or Bp) You can replace your use of Bp with a strong concentration of green tea applied as a toner, and I started a thread in the mild to moderate acne section discussing this. Here's a couple links to some homemade moisturizers also:

http://frugallysustainable.com/2011/12/non-greasy-homemade-moisturizing-lotion/

http://www.blogher.com/homemade-moisturizer-recipe-face-can-t-be-more-simple

Make sure if you go the aloe vera route that you are getting it straight from the plant or as close to that as possible. In other words, i'd shy away from aloe vera that is bright green in color and loaded with other chemicals. AKA banana boat aloe vera gel. But for sure, check out the nutrition section, and take a look at all the pinned topics at the top as well, because they discuss so many important things that deal with acne. Best of luck

MemberMember
(@tiwi)

Posted : 06/21/2012 8:57 pm

maybe you can try to quit using make up for awhile ,i know its the hardest part especially for us (read: girl) , but once i stop using make up and my skin become better and better , not so much acne than when i use make up smile.png the BP are absorbs well and better than when i use make up. you should try! rest your skin!

MemberMember
(@collegeboy84)

Posted : 06/21/2012 10:43 pm

I'm not sure if this is even the right board for this post, because I do get nodules/cysts (mostly hormonal) but only 1 or 2 around the time of my cycle, so I'm not sure if my acne is considered severe. Anyhow, I have been on the regimen for about about 4 months now. I had to tweak a little to fit what I felt was best appropriate for my skin.

MORNING:

NIGHT:

Wash with cetaphil

apply dans BP

moisturize

I can't apply Bp in the morning, it already makes my skin too dry even using it just once at night. I actually have started to break out on my cheeks and on my chin in small whiteheads like things (that don't have a head, just bumpy type things, very small *little bit bigger than a grain of salt or something*) and the rest of my skin just looks lack luster and dull :/ oh, and I still get my hormonal nodule-type things.

my cycle can be quite irregular. I've read somewhere that this type of mild acne can be due to PCOS, along with the irregularity of my period. AGH, I NEED ADVICE. HELP. ANYTHING.

I hate to be the one to say it but... Dan's Regimen is not all that it is cracked up to be. It may work for some people but it definitely did not work for myself and I had mild acne. I have tried the prescription 10% BP, Dan's BP, and other over the counter BPs, each for several months at a time. There is a clinical study over at Pubmed.gov that shows BP will actually increase sebum production over a period of months, which would probably lead to your prolonged acne issues. 25% oil increase on the cheeks and 10% increase every where else. Look at this study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17309452

If your acne really bothers you, go see a doctor and get the good stuff. I was able to get my acne under control for the last 2 years with a combination of Differin( adapalene) which is a third generation retinoid, along with Aczone(Dapsone).

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@keilebakescupcakes)

Posted : 06/21/2012 11:05 pm

Thank all of you guys so much!

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 06/22/2012 12:01 am

MORNING:

NIGHT:

Wash with cetaphil

apply dans BP

moisturize

I hate to be the one to say it but... Dan's Regimen is not all that it is cracked up to be. It may work for some people but it definitely did not work for myself and I had mild acne. I have tried the prescription 10% BP, Dan's BP, and other over the counter BPs, each for several months at a time. There is a clinical study over at Pubmed.gov that shows BP will actually increase sebum production over a period of months, which would probably lead to your prolonged acne issues. 25% oil increase on the cheeks and 10% increase every where else. Look at this study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17309452

If your acne really bothers you, go see a doctor and get the good stuff. I was able to get my acne under control for the last 2 years with a combination of Differin( adapalene) which is a third generation retinoid, along with Aczone(Dapsone).

Good luck!

From the article:

"The three topical drugs bring about good therapeutic results with scarce side-effects"

"All three drugs showed a clinical improvement in the acneic lesions with moderate adverse effects"

MemberMember
(@collegeboy84)

Posted : 06/22/2012 12:16 am

MORNING:

NIGHT:

Wash with cetaphil

apply dans BP

moisturize

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17309452

Good luck!

From the article:

"The three topical drugs bring about good therapeutic results with scarce side-effects"

"All three drugs showed a clinical improvement in the acneic lesions with moderate adverse effects"

"

Benzoyl peroxide caused an increase of 10.5% in sebum production on the forehead, 10.3% on the chin and 25.4% on the cheek."

Simple logic.

BP increases sebum. Sebum clogs pores. Clogged pores can create acne. BP works... for some people. For those that don't see results, like the above poster, extra sebum caused by BP could exacerbate the situation. Prescription BP and Dan's BP did NOT work for me and I gave it well over 8 months.

I think this information is valuable and anybody using BP should be aware.

MemberMember
(@helloimej-scarlett)

Posted : 06/22/2012 1:13 am

hi there...

I am from asia and live in a hot climate all year round.

i hv not tried this product yet. i intend to buy it. But a little doubt after reading your comments.

Is this product suitable for oily & sensitive skin?

anyone willing to tell me cus im suffer for acne to ...

MemberMember
(@tiwi)

Posted : 06/22/2012 2:08 am

Hi @Helloimej Scarlett.. i'm from asia too, bali for specific , and we have summer seasons / hot climate all yearrr too here , i've been use Acne.org's regimen for 5weeks now ,it seems to be ok , acne is healing, slowly but sure , just try to stay away from sun as far as you can :) fyi, i didnt use any sunscreen at all :) only 3 products of the regimen ,cleanser,BP,moisturiser ,that's all! but luckily i work indoor so i dont meet sun so much :P

MemberMember
(@jafo)

Posted : 06/22/2012 11:03 am

Ask your dermatologist about the moisturizer. You'll find there are alternatives that work better with your chemistry. That's what you should talk to your doctor about - Chemistry. If appropriate, look into birth control in combination with the topicals. Get your chemistry right inside and out and you'll likely find the clear skin you've been looking for.

MemberMember
(@zaharani-yuni)

Posted : 06/22/2012 2:37 pm

Hi @Helloimej Scarlett.. i'm from asia too, bali for specific , and we have summer seasons / hot climate all yearrr too here , i've been use Acne.org's regimen for 5weeks now ,it seems to be ok , acne is healing, slowly but sure , just try to stay away from sun as far as you can smile.png fyi, i didnt use any sunscreen at all smile.png only 3 products of the regimen ,cleanser,BP,moisturiser ,that's all! but luckily i work indoor so i dont meet sun so much tongue.png

tiwiiiiii,cara pesen ke indonesia gimana?trus harganya berapa?.hehe

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 06/22/2012 3:30 pm

MORNING:

NIGHT:

Wash with cetaphil

apply dans BP

moisturize

I heard washing with head and shoulders helps. :D It's worth a try. I only used it once so far.

MemberMember
(@helloimej-scarlett)

Posted : 06/23/2012 2:18 am

Ask your dermatologist about the moisturizer. You'll find there are alternatives that work better with your chemistry. That's what you should talk to your doctor about - Chemistry. If appropriate, look into birth control in combination with the topicals. Get your chemistry right inside and out and you'll likely find the clear skin you've been looking for.

hi... good to hear that... i will ask our dermatologist . maybe it could help me ^^

Hi @Helloimej Scarlett.. i'm from asia too, bali for specific , and we have summer seasons / hot climate all yearrr too here , i've been use Acne.org's regimen for 5weeks now ,it seems to be ok , acne is healing, slowly but sure , just try to stay away from sun as far as you can smile.png fyi, i didnt use any sunscreen at all smile.png only 3 products of the regimen ,cleanser,BP,moisturiser ,that's all! but luckily i work indoor so i dont meet sun so much tongue.png

tiwiiiiii,cara pesen ke indonesia gimana?trus harganya berapa?.hehe

Wow... Bali. im from Malaysia. very close one.. how was ur face condition b4 dz?

about the price its very expensive when converted to our currency money.

MemberMember
(@tiwi)

Posted : 06/23/2012 8:53 am

yes you are right , shipping cost is very expensive! mine too! 35 - 60 USD to bali! hahahaa crazy right? :P but i hope the results will worth the price! before i do this regimen i have cysts and cosmetica acnes all around my face, now i'm on week 5 , right cheek clear, forehead clear, nose clear, now just struggling with acnes at chin and left cheek .. :)

@Zaharani Yuni : http://www.danielkern.com/ klik disini untuk beli obatnya ,yun.. :)

MemberMember
(@helloimej-scarlett)

Posted : 06/24/2012 7:31 am

yes you are right , shipping cost is very expensive! mine too! 35 - 60 USD to bali! hahahaa crazy right? tongue.png but i hope the results will worth the price! before i do this regimen i have cysts and cosmetica acnes all around my face, now i'm on week 5 , right cheek clear, forehead clear, nose clear, now just struggling with acnes at chin and left cheek .. smile.png

@Zaharani Yuni : http://www.danielkern.com/ klik disini untuk beli obatnya ,yun.. smile.png

Oh.. sounds good. did ur face peel off? because the shipping fee is much expensive we use to buy it together...soon. ...hehe

MemberMember
(@tiwi)

Posted : 06/24/2012 8:32 am

yes.

yes you are right , shipping cost is very expensive! mine too! 35 - 60 USD to bali! hahahaa crazy right? tongue.png but i hope the results will worth the price! before i do this regimen i have cysts and cosmetica acnes all around my face, now i'm on week 5 , right cheek clear, forehead clear, nose clear, now just struggling with acnes at chin and left cheek .. smile.png

@Zaharani Yuni : http://www.danielkern.com/ klik disini untuk beli obatnya ,yun.. smile.png

Oh.. sounds good. did ur face peel off? because the shipping fee is much expensive we use to buy it together...soon. ...hehe

my face is flakey too ,but just in some areas not all of my face, like jaw line and lil bit at the chin.. i just ordered jojoba oil and AHA last week ,hopefuly it can help my flakey , cant wait for trying them! yeayy :P , yeah you should ask your friends in the same country to buy it together so you guys can share the shipping cost :P unfortunately i dont have friends who want to buy product from US.. too far and too expensive they said hahaha. so i have to buy it by myself... hikss :( tell me your progress once you try the regimen~ good luck!

MemberMember
(@helloimej-scarlett)

Posted : 06/26/2012 9:27 pm

May God Bless us... ^^

MemberMember
(@tasya)

Posted : 10/09/2012 12:24 pm

somebody want to buy the product from Indonesia? I want to share the shipping cost, it's too expensive :(