Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slickrick

How To Properly Exfoliate Dead/dry Skin Away When Using Bp/panoxyl 10% Benzoyl Peroxide

Hi there, I am new to the community and wanted some advice from the more experienced users.

I have recently began using Panoxyl 10% Benzoyl Peroxide which has caused my skin to shed quite a bit and whilst it seems to be improving my spots it is causing quite a bit a flaking and build up of dead skin on my forehead and nose.

My query is in relation to the removal of the dead/dry skin as I suspect that this needs to be properly removed in order to clear my pores effectively and the cleanser I am currently using does not seem to be effective(St Ives sensitive skin scrub).

I suspect I require something more substantial to remove this build up as when I wash my face and dry it there is a heavy build up of flaky/dead skin and my moisturiser is not covering it enough.

I also guess that I should be removing these flaky skin cells instead of moisturising over them as this in itself may be causing more breakouts.

Any help or advice welcome from a newbie.

Fed up with spots like everyone else :]

i exfoliate with baking soda. i pour some in my hand and mix a little bit of water into it to make a paste, then gentle rub all over my face for about 30 seconds to a minute and rinse. it might sting but it shouldn't cause any irritation. =)