Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So it's pretty obvious that stress causes acne but what I've realised thats common in all of us is that acne GIVES US STRESS! It's like a vicious cycle and it's so hard to get out of it. Sometimes I feel like I'm giving myself more acne because I keep thinking about it and all these negative thoughts go through my head and it drives me crazy! It's like I'm trapped in my own head and creating all these problems MYSELF.

Theres many things that contributes to acne such as diet, hormones or whatever it is but personally my biggest problem is my emotions, I've been relatively clear lately (with just red marks to deal with) It seems like I only get a pimple when I'm stressed out and then all the fear of having severe acne creeps back in my mind. I do have days that I'll be positive but then I start doubting myself and fall back into those negative emotions again.

I've been researching about the Law of Attraction it's basically just if you think positive then positive things will come, this has nothing to do with religious or anything like that, The law just teaches you to relax and feel good even if things may seem bad. What do you guys reckon? Do any of you guys experience what I'm going through?

Hell yes! My mom tells me to just relax and not worry about it but im like how do i not worry about it!? I look in the mirror and feel ugly. :( but like you my skin has cleared only have on scar left to get rid of so I'm happy but I'm also a little afraid of it coming back...but im actually thinking about going all natural in regards to my face products hopefully that doesn't make my face freak.....wish me luck! :) just try to relax. Just remember when ur acne was a lot worse. Be grateful. I'm learning to be.

my biggest fear in life is my acne getting worse than what it is now, (which will happen when i get off spiro/bcp) so its going to happen its just a waiting game, to the point I hate life I dont look forward to anything, acne has made it impossible for me to have friends let alone a job and I feel very trapped. It's so cruel I think.

On my good days I feel positive and excited but I still dont go and make friendships or even both looking for a boyfriend because I know in a week or two it will all be back -_- and thats ON the pill but i know what you mean about the negative thoughts. I dont know what stress feels like. Like I dont freak out or anything. sometimes I get anxiety but to be honest im a very neutral person (coz i hate the world :/) but I get emotional very easy when Im having a horrible night acne wise and its just never ending like its been so long now i feel like i'll never be able to live a life which gets me really upset I end up shaking...so i can only assume I am stressed?

at the moment im trying my best not to touch my face or fuss. sometimes i'll spend an hour in front of the mirror inspecting so now I just want to get up, yeah whatever I have acne..put make up on or something and just not touch my pimples and try to distract myself. it SUCKS that acne has ruined..and ruled my life :(

much life everyone else.

I was looking into yoga today but i dont even know where to start i'd id probably do it wrong.

is your acne stress related? mines very hormonal which suchs .. i wish it was diet related god that would be a gift

my biggest fear in life is my acne getting worse than what it is now, (which will happen when i get off spiro/bcp) so its going to happen its just a waiting game, to the point I hate life I dont look forward to anything, acne has made it impossible for me to have friends let alone a job and I feel very trapped. It's so cruel I think.

On my good days I feel positive and excited but I still dont go and make friendships or even both looking for a boyfriend because I know in a week or two it will all be back -_- and thats ON the pill but i know what you mean about the negative thoughts. I dont know what stress feels like. Like I dont freak out or anything. sometimes I get anxiety but to be honest im a very neutral person (coz i hate the world :/) but I get emotional very easy when Im having a horrible night acne wise and its just never ending like its been so long now i feel like i'll never be able to live a life which gets me really upset I end up shaking...so i can only assume I am stressed?

at the moment im trying my best not to touch my face or fuss. sometimes i'll spend an hour in front of the mirror inspecting so now I just want to get up, yeah whatever I have acne..put make up on or something and just not touch my pimples and try to distract myself. it SUCKS that acne has ruined..and ruled my life sad.png

much life everyone else.

I was looking into yoga today but i dont even know where to start i'd id probably do it wrong.

is your acne stress related? mines very hormonal which suchs .. i wish it was diet related god that would be a gift

google yoga for acne, skin disease etc. Cobra pose is one of them.

at the moment im trying my best not to touch my face or fuss. sometimes i'll spend an hour in front of the mirror inspecting so now I just want to get up, yeah whatever I have acne..put make up on or something and just not touch my pimples and try to distract myself. it SUCKS that acne has ruined..and ruled my life sad.png

much life everyone else.

Heres a video for some basic yoga position

And yes I think my acne right now is majority from stress, I reckon stress is the hardest to over come :(

Hell yes! My mom tells me to just relax and not worry about it but im like how do i not worry about it!? I look in the mirror and feel ugly. sad.png but like you my skin has cleared only have on scar left to get rid of so I'm happy but I'm also a little afraid of it coming back...but im actually thinking about going all natural in regards to my face products hopefully that doesn't make my face freak.....wish me luck! smile.png just try to relax. Just remember when ur acne was a lot worse. Be grateful. I'm learning to be.

Do you see bumps under skin? ^^;; if so, then you might break out and bad for just like 2-3 months.. then you'll be clear for good.

I went through that and now I am getting clear. I don't see bumps at all.. and my skin is very smooth .. I am currently dealing with redness and scars.

I did research and found good natural products.

much life everyone else.

A good diet can help with hormones.. ^^;; I saw Maca powder is good for that. I didn't do research about hormonal acne at all beucase I don't get hormonal acne ;\

So it's pretty obvious that stress causes acne but what I've realised thats common in all of us is that acne GIVES US STRESS! It's like a vicious cycle and it's so hard to get out of it. Sometimes I feel like I'm giving myself more acne because I keep thinking about it and all these negative thoughts go through my head and it drives me crazy! It's like I'm trapped in my own head and creating all these problems MYSELF.

Theres many things that contributes to acne such as diet, hormones or whatever it is but personally my biggest problem is my emotions, I've been relatively clear lately (with just red marks to deal with) It seems like I only get a pimple when I'm stressed out and then all the fear of having severe acne creeps back in my mind. I do have days that I'll be positive but then I start doubting myself and fall back into those negative emotions again.

I've been researching about the Law of Attraction it's basically just if you think positive then positive things will come, this has nothing to do with religious or anything like that, The law just teaches you to relax and feel good even if things may seem bad. What do you guys reckon? Do any of you guys experience what I'm going through?

i dont turn my nose up at the law of attraction. it just makes sense to me!! i have been working on changing my thoughts and trying to have more positive ones & i have noticed a lot more positive things happening in my life. when u focus on the negative u only notice the negative & this reinforces ur belief in only negative things. which attracts more negativity. this is why i have been making a concerted effort to control my thoughts. if i start to have negative ones (we all know those demons, i dont have to go into it lol!) i make an effort to start to think of things that make me happy. and i think of all the things that i am grateful for, even the very little things like the elevator taking me directly to the floor i want to go to without stopping!

it has been months & months & months of practice & effort but it is helping me. meditating is also another invaluable tool when it comes to making me feel better & taking away my stress. i am getting better at that too!! i also want to start doing yoga. i have had a few classes & really liked them. i would like to do that on a continuous basis if i can find something affordable. or free!!

I'm definitely trying to alter my stress.

i was reading up on stress management and what it seems to completely revolve around is your thoughts. I knew a bit about stress already but heres something i like pointing out to people that makes a lot of sense: "

The body doesn’t distinguish between physical and psychological threats. When you’re stressed over a busy schedule, an argument with a friend, a traffic jam, or a mountain of bills, your body reacts just as strongly as if you were facing a life-or-death situation. If you have a lot of responsibilities and worries, your emergency stress response may be “on” most of the time. The more your body’s stress system is activated, the easier it is to trip and the harder it is to shut off.

Long-term exposure to stress can lead to serious health problems. Chronic stress disrupts nearly every system in your body. It can raise blood pressure, suppress the immune system, increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, contribute to infertility, and speed up the aging process. Long-term stress can even rewire the brain, leaving you more vulnerable to anxiety and depression.

and I guess then acne if hormones change. but it's so true though, like a lot of people dont realize that our thoughts are what make us us. Like to cross a road i have THINK to cross that road...then my body does it. If I think something negative of course it HAS to have a physical reaction. it just has to. Why would thoughts like list a hand be physical and something negative...or positive not be.

so I guess the goal is to try and just totally focus on the now..to stop worrying about the future that hasnt even happened.

I think also like my acne personally came about SO fast in a matter of weeks and has been impossible to alter since..a lot of people know ive tried just about everything natural possible (and a diet change of 2 years not one change) but now i constantly worry about not having a future or friends or a job and how are we to know what might happen with our acne. maybe if we do our best to not revolve our lives around it life will actually be easier. I'm scared of life and living because of my face but I dunno.. i think im just done with it all. and lost all i can anyway so i guess now would be a good time for me to just focus on stress relief and make sure my thoughts never get too in depth with negativity.. im good at that >.<

Also another tip would be to look up comedy videos on youtube, comedians that know will make you laugh. Laughter is one of the best physical de-stressors :)

also I will check out that yoga video/yoga for acne :)

I'm definitely trying to alter my stress.

i was reading up on stress management and what it seems to completely revolve around is your thoughts. I knew a bit about stress already but heres something i like pointing out to people that makes a lot of sense: "

The body doesn’t distinguish between physical and psychological threats. When you’re stressed over a busy schedule, an argument with a friend, a traffic jam, or a mountain of bills, your body reacts just as strongly as if you were facing a life-or-death situation. If you have a lot of responsibilities and worries, your emergency stress response may be “on” most of the time. The more your body’s stress system is activated, the easier it is to trip and the harder it is to shut off.

Long-term exposure to stress can lead to serious health problems. Chronic stress disrupts nearly every system in your body. It can raise blood pressure, suppress the immune system, increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, contribute to infertility, and speed up the aging process. Long-term stress can even rewire the brain, leaving you more vulnerable to anxiety and depression.

and I guess then acne if hormones change. but it's so true though, like a lot of people dont realize that our thoughts are what make us us. Like to cross a road i have THINK to cross that road...then my body does it. If I think something negative of course it HAS to have a physical reaction. it just has to. Why would thoughts like list a hand be physical and something negative...or positive not be.

so I guess the goal is to try and just totally focus on the now..to stop worrying about the future that hasnt even happened.

I think also like my acne personally came about SO fast in a matter of weeks and has been impossible to alter since..a lot of people know ive tried just about everything natural possible (and a diet change of 2 years not one change) but now i constantly worry about not having a future or friends or a job and how are we to know what might happen with our acne. maybe if we do our best to not revolve our lives around it life will actually be easier. I'm scared of life and living because of my face but I dunno.. i think im just done with it all. and lost all i can anyway so i guess now would be a good time for me to just focus on stress relief and make sure my thoughts never get too in depth with negativity.. im good at that >.<

Also another tip would be to look up comedy videos on youtube, comedians that know will make you laugh. Laughter is one of the best physical de-stressors smile.png

also I will check out that yoga video/yoga for acne smile.png

re: the parts in bold

true!! thank u for posting about that, it really helps to put it all into perspective about what a stressful life can do to u mentally & physically long-term.

u might not even have a future because none of us are guaranteed tomorrow. so it is most important to only focus on the immediate moment. what must u accomplish in this moment right now? not what do u have to do this weekend!

laughter is medicine for the mind body & soul!! i am a firm believer in finding a reason to smile every day, laugh every day & dance every day. i'm really glad ur making a commitment to being nicer to urself FSAS. plus, a more positive approach to life really does allow more positive things to happen!