Single Or Double Bl...

Notifications
Clear all

Single Or Double Blade Razor To Prevent Ingrown Hair?!

MemberMember
(@justsomeguy44)

Posted : 06/20/2012 11:13 pm

Okay So I used a double blade on my chin and mustache area to get a closer shave, and cause they aren't my acne prone areas.

My skin is pretty much cleared up now. there isn't really acne.. just a few random pimples, so I feel like I'm ready to shave now!!

So would a single blade razor on my cheeks be good to prevent in grown hairs? I wouldn't mind not getting a close shave because my hair isn't very course there, just fuzzy haha.

MemberMember
(@mikex10a)

Posted : 07/19/2012 10:48 pm

I've found the single blade to be the best. I use a double-edged safety razor. No irritation, no over drying and it saves you a ton of money. The only issues is the risk of niks and cuts. But, once you get the hang of it, you're good to go. I use the badger hair brush and Aveeno Theureptic gel. Check out Art of Manliness' post for info about it.

And for the record, I am against Dan's method of shaving. Using a cleanser that dries out your skin as a shaving solution is a big invite to irritation for those with sensitive skin.

MemberMember
(@norris)

Posted : 09/05/2012 2:44 pm

Single Safety Razor for me.

I recommend checking out grooming lounge.

They have a good range of products for reasonable price.... kind of like Daniel Kern for Shaving :)

MemberMember
(@rubbish)

Posted : 10/15/2012 7:51 am

I prefer single blade razor. I use a cleanser to shave that has a conditioner in it, 2 in 1 shampoo actually, other than that a shave gel with a lot of lubricants in it works well. Its the only time I wash my face each day. I just rinse off after the shave with warm water. Shaving in the shower when beard has been well soaked is better as well. If I use a cleanser after that (more than once in the day) my face would get very dry and irritated, so I never do it. If I shower again later in day (at gym for instance) I will just rinse face with shower water. I am prone to ingrown hairs with a double/multiple blade razor.