Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FSAS

..this Question Is Probably Laughable..but Can You Darken Pale Skin Naturally?

I'm very tired of being pale. My skin tone is white. Not only is acne more obvious, red marks WAY more obvious, scars moy obvious but you can see my veins, you can really note the dark circles under my eyes and in general the white tone is just uneven in general. i wouldnt even mind acne if i had a darker skin tone or at least less white. My skin goes a nice tan when using oils on my face and massaging it but obviously i can't walk around like that.

I have to use the whitest makeup/cover up possible and i just hate my skin color. my skin is almost transparent. you can see veins in my face :/

is there anyway to naturally change your skin tone color etc.

i read somewhere that a girl noted her skin got extra pale whilst she was on the pill which was interesting.

but yeah i guess my question is if its possible to change my skin color pigment wise, can that stuff be altered? I dont want to go out in the sun and burn just to tan thats too unhealthy.

any advice?

Don't fear the sun! It's a myth that it is unhealthy for you. Burning your skin repeatedly over the course of your lifetime does increase your risks for cancer, yes. But tanning long enough to get a sun kissed glow is actually VERY healthy and necessary for overall well being.

Go out and enjoy some sunshine for 15-30 minutes a day.

I'm very tired of being pale. My skin tone is white. Not only is acne more obvious, red marks WAY more obvious, scars moy obvious but you can see my veins, you can really note the dark circles under my eyes and in general the white tone is just uneven in general. i wouldnt even mind acne if i had a darker skin tone or at least less white. My skin goes a nice tan when using oils on my face and massaging it but obviously i can't walk around like that.

I have to use the whitest makeup/cover up possible and i just hate my skin color. my skin is almost transparent. you can see veins in my face :/

i read somewhere that a girl noted her skin got extra pale whilst she was on the pill which was interesting.

but yeah i guess my question is if its possible to change my skin color pigment wise, can that stuff be altered? I dont want to go out in the sun and burn just to tan thats too unhealthy.

any advice?

She probably gave herself some type of anemia.

any advice?

She probably gave herself some type of anemia.

well I havent done that so no need for the attitude that's immature.

I actually get over 2-3 hours of sunlight a day through my walking, im not inside scared of sun trust me I was harping on the obvious that some people purposely burn to get tan, something i would never do. I was just wondering considering girls reported their skin going pale when taking the pill, something has happened there to make that happen plus it's also a very common post around the net of people with skin similar to mine 'transparent' wanting to know if there are ways to alter it so things like veins cant be so easily seen, I believe that's people with thin skin.

Don't fear the sun! It's a myth that it is unhealthy for you. Burning your skin repeatedly over the course of your lifetime does increase your risks for cancer, yes. But tanning long enough to get a sun kissed glow is actually VERY healthy and necessary for overall well being.

thankyou for your input.

everyones positive input, I definitely get enough sun but I do know a lot of people don't so if someone else has pale skin like mine that extra boose to get out in the sun may help them :)

As I said I realize this is probably a silly question, well I dont think it's that silly actually as everything in the body can be and is allowed to be questioned. Just like pigmentation with hair. I mentioned oils also just wondering if anyone has experienced a helpful particualr product (natural) that has evened their skin tone etc.

Drink lots of fresh made carrot juice, like 2 cups a day (this is about 8-10 carrots a day). You will get "tanned".

I don't think it's a silly question. I'm very pale too and I've wondered the same thing. However, people with less melanin in the skin like us often have an easier time getting red marks and hyperpigmentation to fade. I didn't believe it until I got clear and my red marks mostly faded away within a few months. I have an Asian friend with darker skin though who has been trying to get rid of his hyperpigmentation for years.

The closest you can come is getting a bit of sunlight every day. Just be careful not to burn! I don't even really tan, but I can get a nice, healthy pink flush which actually looks really nice and glowy.

get some sun, not too much though, go outside for 1 hour per day...eat your greens, drink a lot of water, get sleep...