Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yoon93

Retin-A 0.05% And Undereye Bags (Dark Circles)? Initial Dryness?

I'm an almost 19 year old female and I'm on Retin-A 0.05%

It has been amazing for my acne and I'm pretty much past the initial breakout point (it only now turns a little pinker for the first 10 minutes I put it on if I put on too much, usually it doesn't turn pink at all) and my skin is clear and improving more.

But, I have bad dark circles under my eyes. Since Retin-A is good for thickening the undereye skin/building collagen and gets rid of eyebags I started using it there about a week or more ago.

Now my undereye skin has gotten thin (as I think it's supposed to with Retin A), dry surface and more cracks visible, even a slight wrinkle line on one of them! I didn't have it before and I've been sleeping well

Should I stick to it, applying it to my undereyes?

I know the strength is a bit stronger than reccomended for undereye but my undereye reaction is not terrible I think (not peeling or pink or anything) and just thin/dry.

Will I eventually see results just as Retin A does with the skin? And..will that wrinkle/dryness and thinner eye skin go away/reverse itself and get better than it was before?

I just want to confirm it does get better/how long that is and if this is just temporary damage.

Thanks!