Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DrBelmore

Clogged Pores From Eating Eggs?

Hi I am kind of stumped right now but I have been searching and reading to try to figure out whats going on with me. To start off I weight train 4-5 days a week and started a summer cut diet called Keto/Ketosis (high protein, high fat, no carbs). Well the diet has been going great but all of a sudden I started getting all these bumps all over my chest, abdomen, and shoulders. These bumps are not red just natural skin color but when you extract them a white hard plug comes out. I have never had this issue before and the only two things that changed in my lifestyle was my diet and I started doing cardio. I shower twice and day and use multiple cleansers and moisturizers.

Now to the main part of the subject. In my search it seemed like this issue is kind of like keratosis pilaris but not red. I am not sure if this is what it really is. I have kind of pinpointed this problem to eggs but I am not sure if just eating cooked eggs would cause something like this. I eat about 8-12 eggs a day (half full eggs and half egg whites). Has anyone every heard or experienced something like this. Any info would be great. Thanks!

If your worried or think eggs might be a trigger, then its simple. Cut eggs out of your diet for a few weeks and see if things change.

There are plenty of other ways to get protein in to your diet with out them for a few weeks.

Ya I just cut eggs out yesterday because that basiclly when I came up with the idea linking eggs to this issue so we'll see if anything changes. I was just curious if anyone has heard of such a thing or if a egg allergy can really do this. I am also going to schedule a Dr. appointment and go get a food allergy test done. Thanks for the replys everyone.

eat eggs raw 3-5/day, the allergy appears when you cook them.

Wash those eggs well!!!! If your going to eat them raw. Unclean, uncooked eggs is a good way to

get salmonella

salmonella scares me. i didnt know u could just wash the eggs & it would be ok to eat them raw! i guess that makes sense if what i recall is correct that the bacteria lives on the shell.

lol.. by wash them well I meant make sure there disinfected. I would boil them for a min or 2

and wash them with an anti bacterial soap.

Pff, get your eggs from healthy chickens and they should be organic.. dont know about your country but here we dont have that shit. many people eat raw eggs its more healthy aswell

Pff, get your eggs from healthy chickens and they should be organic.. dont know about your country but here we dont have that shit. many people eat raw eggs its more healthy aswell

Not to pop your bubble or anything but http://health.usnews...oning-maybe-not

Just because its an organic chicken doesn't mean it doesn't crap on its own eggs any less then

non organic chickens. And yes.. I do buy free range, free run, organic eggs.

But not because I think there's any less of a chance for salmonella. Its because I worked on a

chicken farm years and years ago over a summer and the chickens locked in the cages were in terrible shape.

I buy those eggs for the animals benefit, not mine. I'm not here to argue whether or not organic

eggs are better for you. I'm just saying dont be ignorant to the fact that regardless of

where you buy your eggs from, the potential for salmonella still exists

Edited by Zraden