Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I heard witch hazel works really well. Has anybody tried it before? If so, when would be the best time to incorporate it into the regimen? I would think after cleansing. Thanks for any advice!

witch hazel is too dry for my face. i sometimes use it as an antiseptic on really bad pimples that have started to bleed. i put it on a qtip and then spot treat the zit.

Works really well for oily irritated skin. It's very soothing. Can be used at night after you cleanse. I used to tone with it every few days, but my skin is too sensitive now. I now just dab it on a pimple after I pop it and it helps to prevent a red mark and it makes the spot clear up quickly. I also use it sometimes after I shave if my skin becomes irritated. I use Dickensons witch hazel in the blue bottle.

dickensons is expensive where i live!! i just use the drug store brand. it works just as well if budget is a concern for anyone.

Yeah Walgreens, dickensons, they are all the same. Should be 86% witch hazel 14% alcohol.

Mary Rose,

I've tried the Dickinsons witch hazel and it made my face kind of red/irritated. I think that was due to the 14% alcohol content it contains. My skin has tendency to be super sensitive to almost everything, but maybe it would be OK for you. I would apply it with a cotton pad shortly after my night cleansing. I didn't use it for very long though......a week or so.

Edited by torquemonster