Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
feebedel

Spiro User

Hi, I've been taking Spiro 150mg for almost a year now. It has been a god send in clearing up my acne. However, recently my face has broken out again almost to the point of how it was before I took the spiro. I plan on calling my doctor but does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? My acne is kind of weird. The zits start out as small white/flesh toned bumps and can remain dormant for a long time... like up to 2 months before they break out. When they do, I usually pop them, but they are like tiny cysts and I have to extract them or else they will just flare up again. LIke I said, the spiro helped with this a ton, but now I've been getting them around my mouth and on my forehead and they keep breaking out. It's pretty awful looking. Anyone know what kind of acne this is and how to treat it other than with spiro?? It's not really white heads... it's more like milia, but they get infected. I'm wondering if I have some sort of infection and it's causing my face to break out. I know I should stop touching my face and I've vowed to do so, but it's hard.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

sounds kinda like what happened with me, i used spiro for about a year (only 50mg and stayed on 25mg) I decided to take a break and weaned off it. acne came back. i kept at it becuase i knew i couldnt keep relying on spiro so i tried many other ways. acne just got worse. i waited about 4-5 before decided to go back on 25mg every 2-3 days (dont wanna run out) i still have a lot of acne trust me but i dont want to up the dose or anything coz i dont want to have to need it (although i think its my only answer) my acne atm is very much around my mouth, chin and forehead. without spiro completely or the bcp it was everywhere. atm i have a lot of little simples around my mouth/chin and forehead im trying to deal with, gets worse the same time every month, but definitely always there.

i read somewhere else that spiro stopped working for people which SUCKS. thats kinda why i took a break, fear of continuous use and it not working but i dunno, i wish things just wouldnt stop working -_-

i dont really understand that at all, why would spiro just stop working if it always had before its still the same pill with the same effects

I havent' stopped using it... I'm still on the same dose. I made an apt with my doctor though so I hope he has some answers. If this stops working I have a feeling accutane is my next stop.

Spiro clears my cysts but for the little infected whiteheads you are describing I needed a retinoid. I have had little infected ones for years that keep popping up. 4 months on retin a micro seems to be resolving them slowly.

I have two little closed condones by my mouth. One of them popped today. The other I just tie to pop and I felt it crunch under the skin but nothing came out. I'm now freaking out that I've ruined my fax and made it ten times worse. Ugh. I put sea salt on it to take care d the inflammation and redness. Anyone have any experience with that? Popped zits that stay under the skin?

Oh as an update my doctor pushed me up to 200 mg of spiro. I've tried retinoids and they seemed to help I I remember but I forget why he changed me to something else.

I am using spiro and a retinoid. For the thing you popped under the skin, the only thing you can do is use a retinoid or AHA to peel the top layer of skin so it gradually comes out.

yeahh I upped my dose to 200 and then started my period... I think upping it made me finally start and my face is a ton better now... it was like I was pmsing for like 3 weeks which was rough... loads better now..