Notifications
Clear all

White/flesh Color Not Inflamed Bumps On Chin

MemberMember
(@kisseslauren)

Posted : 06/19/2012 5:16 pm

I have small White fleshy colored bumps on my chin near the corners of my mouth. The thing is that they kinda sound like milia, or pityrosporum folliculitis, or closed comedones.

I have tried tons bacterial treatments,oral antibiotics, and bp. I have done TCA peels, glycolic peels and used AHA cream. I asked my derm about it several months ago and she gave me yet another cream that doesn't help.

My camera won't take a good picture but it looks most similar to this. .

I thought I might have pityrosporum folliculitis but they have stuff in them. I squeeze them and strings of white sebum come out, no plasma though. After I "pop" them they are back again in a few days.

I thought it might be milia but, they do not have a pearly look to them like milia. I also tried a lot of exfoliating products with no luck.

They look most like closed comedones but do not react at all with any type of bacterial treatment. I have had them for years and they have only spread.

Does anyone else have this? Has anyone had luck treating it?

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 06/19/2012 7:50 pm

Hmmm it looks like clogged pores but i could be wrong. Have you tried a salicylic acid? I have a few of something similar on my forehead and I've been using SA to try and clear them up.

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 06/19/2012 8:14 pm

yes these are definitely clogged pores. my chin was covered in them from using the wrong moisturizers. maybe your moisturizer or something you're using is doing this? nothing took care of mine. i had to go in and pop them. until you figure out what's causing them, they'll keep coming back.

MemberMember
(@kin92)

Posted : 06/19/2012 8:55 pm

I have the same problem around the corners of my mouth. They're kinda unnoticeable, but they're there! dry.png

MemberMember
(@dialc123)

Posted : 06/29/2012 2:45 am

I have the same exact thing!!! Except mine are all over my cheeks!! It sucks because it's really noticible in certain lighting. And sometimes I sqeeze them and nothing comes out. They are just like little microscopic white dots all over my cheeks but I cant really pop them. My face just always looks bumpy and it never feels smooth. I am currently trying Retin A 0.25%. I have been on it for a week. Well see how things go. I'm hoping this will help because it will slough off layers of my skin and push those little white bumps out.

MemberMember
(@stopthemaddness)

Posted : 06/29/2012 3:28 am

I get these too sometimes, when I do they are all over my cheeks or forehead or chin. It's most likely clogged pores; they will go away if I don't use makeup for a couple of days, wash my skin with gentle cleanser 3x a day (cetaphil) and apply treatment 3x a day osmosis (which has retina) and SA 2% and just let them dry out but of course my skin is dry so after they are gone I will have to moisturizer my skin heavily until my skin is back to normal.

I would suggest after "popping them" to cleanser your face throughly and apply SA 2% or aspirin with is 100% SA (my esthetician recommends this). I would also recommend monthly microdermabrasion and check the ingredients of the products your currently using, also don't touch your face, change pillow cases and towels daily. What kind of acne do you have? Do you have other acne besides this?

MemberMember
(@irwinjteach)

Posted : 07/16/2012 9:53 pm

I have the same thing! I just tried going to an esthetician (sp) today to have them extracted, which she did and my face was flat for about 10 hours. They are back now! I don't get it....I didn't use my moisturizer before they came back...so I'm still trying to figure it out....

MemberMember
(@sweetbaboo)

Posted : 10/05/2012 9:50 am

I have small White fleshy colored bumps on my chin near the corners of my mouth. The thing is that they kinda sound like milia, or pityrosporum folliculitis, or closed comedones.

I have tried tons bacterial treatments,oral antibiotics, and bp. I have done TCA peels, glycolic peels and used AHA cream. I asked my derm about it several months ago and she gave me yet another cream that doesn't help.

My camera won't take a good picture but it looks most similar to this. .

I thought I might have pityrosporum folliculitis but they have stuff in them. I squeeze them and strings of white sebum come out, no plasma though. After I "pop" them they are back again in a few days.

KissesLauren, you may have a yeast infection. Pityrosporum folliculitis can be caused by a number of thing besides bacteria. It can also be caused by a yeast called Malassezia furfur. A yeast/fungal infection would not respond to antibiotic or antibacterial treatment. You would need to apply an antifungal cream like miconazole (Monistat, Micatin) and you could also take fluconazole (Diflucan) tablets if the cream is not enough (150mg every 3 days for a few weeks). You can buy fluconazole tablets at the pharmacy but it would be cheaper to get a prescription.

I suffered from this condition on my face for almost a year before I figured out what the problem was. Now my skin is clear again.

Good luck, hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/06/2012 9:32 am

I have the exact same problem and on my chin too, nothing brings them to the surface apart from glycolic acid. It turns them into pustules that pop very easily and heal quickly.

MemberMember
(@kisseslauren)

Posted : 10/07/2012 8:37 pm

I don't think they are clogged pores. I used to use AHA daily and do glycolic and TCA peels regularly but it never did anything for them

MemberMember
(@walshy)

Posted : 10/07/2012 9:32 pm

my chin literally looks almost the exact same..... little white string coms out and they are back again. so annoying. not really visible but I hate seeing them in the mirror. and in the light they are def visible. has anyone ever cured this??? I'm drinking and applying apple cider vinegar as we speak. been doing it for 4 days now.

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 10/07/2012 11:59 pm

I have the same problem except they're on my cheek, they're kinda like black heads. I just pop mines