Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you have a mirror(s) in your house, that deludes you into believing you have somewhat, normal looking skin?. I have this epic mirror in my bathroom that, although is right next to a window, manages to mask quite a lot of my PIH which is great! if it were true. However, I had to attend a course today for re-training and during, I had to use the bathroom and what d'ya know? a nice spherical mirror is stapled to the wall right in front of me, beckoning me to look. At this point, I have both my eyes shut as I'm washing my hands thinking "maybe just a peek". So I slowly open my eyes only to see the monstrosity I've been punishing society with. Honestly, it felt like someone slapped me with a cactus. Day (and possibly, week) has been ruined now. I just returned home with a stress-induced headache that feels like someone's trying to separate my skull. I'm not in the best of moods. and I've stuffed a joocy pizza in the oven and loaded up some anime, to counter this disgusting feeling.

So, do you have any blessed mirrors in your house? and have you ever received a "wake-up" call when looking into a better mirror?

Feelsbadman.

Edited by Lee1234

The thing that shocked me was using a bathroom with daylight temperature lights. The yellow lights most of us use in our houses really make your skin look better than it is.

Omg hell yes! I hate when in the morning I look into my "good" mirror and I'm like wow my face has really improved and it doesn't look that bad. But when I decide to look in the car mirror I'm like omg my face actually looks like this!? Its the most frustrating feeling like wtf? School mirrors are the worst. That's basicaly where I go to actually see if my face has gotten better....I get to see all my annoying flaws that not matter how much i try never seem to go away. So what u went through is totally normal. I hate looking in the mirror sometimes ........lol

I have 3 mirrors I look at. Bathroom mirror makes my skin look the best. Mirror in other room shows more than the bathroom, and mirror in the lobby shows the most and I can tell the most from that mirror. My skin is really improving based on that mirror. I also use my iPhones camera to look at my skin. I take pictures of my skin using the HDR function on the camera which really shows stuff The way it's really seen. I haven't used a car mirror in months bc I havent been in a car living in NYC.

Edited by Murph89

I just want to be able to look in ANY MIRROR and feel attractive.....and not feel shocked or sad if I don't look exactly the way I want to. Guess all i need is self acceptance.

I cannot agree more when it comes to mirrors. It's funny though...I don't just have mirrors in my house that I know are flattering to my skin, I know of mirrors in my entire town that I know are flattering (and unflattering) to my skin. That's pretty bad...

Like I'll remember certain gas stations that have bathroom mirrors that make my skin look great, or certain store bathrooms like this particular Target mirror makes my skin look nice while this particular Walmart mirror makes my skin look awful. I think it has a great deal to do with lighting. Harsh light can ruin my day with a single glance into a mirror, and soft, flattering light can fill me up with incredible confidence. It all comes down to those damn mirrors, lol.

A mirror can be an acne sufferer's best friend or worst enemy....it all depends on the lighting.

Thanks for the replies guys. I've learned my lesson and won't be using that mirror in my bathroom to judge progress. Sometimes I feel like tearing down and breaking every mirror that shows my true face lol but then I'd probably rack up a few years of bad luck neutral.gif