Notifications
Clear all

Make Sure You Use A Good Quality Olive Oil

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 06/18/2012 3:09 pm

Reports are showing that many olive oils on the market are substandard, so make use you purchase from a reputable producer.

http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/786/Is_Your_Olive_Oil_Extra_Virgin.aspx

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 06/26/2012 1:24 am

Yeah, I've heard that, too. Thank you for posting =)

MemberMember
(@bosie)

Posted : 06/26/2012 8:37 am

Could you recommend a reputable seller in the UK?

I'd like to use more olive oil in my efforts to gain weight.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 06/26/2012 8:55 am

A few weeks ago I tasted my so called imported extra virgin olive oil from Italy, which I had recently purchased and I keep in the refrigerator, and it tasted terrible. It didn't taste any different than it has over the years, but I wondered what all the rave reviews of olive oil were when it tasted so blah. So I read more about olive oil qualities and sure enough my olive oil was only bottled in Italy from olives that came from 3 different countries. I went out to Whole Foods and picked up an olive oil from California Olive Ranch that had a bottling date and expiration date and it tasted fruity and delicious. Since I use olive oil as a moisturizer for my face, I am SO glad I learned this. The higher quality olive oil was only 2.00 more than the junk I was buying, and I feel good purchasing a product produced in my own country.

Could you recommend a reputable seller in the UK?

I'd like to use more olive oil in my efforts to gain weight.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 08/05/2013 4:36 pm

Article on olive oil and quality. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/08/05/olive-oil.aspx?e_cid=20130805_DNL_art_2&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art2&utm_campaign=20130805

The addition of a drop of astaxanthin to counter oxidation is interesting.