Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ILoveKitty12

Anybody Tried Using Jojoba Oil Before Their Bp?

I did it recently because I wanted some extra moisturizer before my makeup application..

So I was just wondering if anyone applies their jojoba oil before their bp frequently and what kind of results it gives you? Does it make the bp ess effective?

I'm contemplating whether or not I can continue doing this.

I've been applying jojoba oil prior to BP for about 9-10 months now. After washing with cleanser, I wait 5mins or less, apply jojoba just enough to cover my skin, and apply 1 pump of BP. Note that I only apply the regimen with my left hand so my right hand can do things like hold the jojoba oil bottle and push the pump on the BP bottle.

It has helped a bit. Before I started applying jojoba prior to BP I would sometimes have to re-moisturize some or all of my face several hours later.

I do the same regimen morning and night currently... 1 pump cleanser, enough jojoba to cover my face with a thin layer (anybody who counts drops is crazy...), 1 pump BP, and 1 pump moisturizer. Been using Dan's BP for about 2 years 9 months. My face has never stopped being flaky, but doing this jojoba-before-BP helped enough that I don't need to reapply extra moisturizer.