Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Is9744

Started Diet- Increased Breakouts-

I just dont understand why I would break out more when i change my diet. I have lost over 15 lbs in about 2 months already and friends i hadnt seen in a while have said i look like i have cancer with how much weight i've lost. And the increased acne does not help. I was once at 195lb 5ft 10in. I leveled off at 175 lb and had persistent mild to moderate acne for the past two years. At the end of the school year i stressed out more and i didnt want to start the summer with acne so i began searching for ways to reduce acne through diet. I tried adding omega 3s 6s and 9s while switching to soy milk. I eliminated gluten a week after-or what i thought had gluten. Within a couple days i was getting large bumps along my jawline- it was about one or two at first and didnt link it to anyting i was doing it seemed to quick to have been correlated. I looked into soy milk and was scared away from the negative affects so i do not drink any milk now. I was still getting huge bumps under the skin along the jawline-the biggest bumps i had ever gotten. I stopped taking my multi-s - and EFA's and about 3-4 days after i squeezed the last of the fluids from the largest bump. I have no similar breakouts which makes me feel better. What is freaking me out is the excessive amount of clogged pores im getting. I'm breaking out on my cheecks from all the pores. About 3 or four in the last couple weeks. I now have 3 very small semi-active bumps on my cheeck among many more clogged pores. I am seeing more and more bumps everyday on the other cheeck, nose, and forehead.

I am taking digestive enzymes - VIrastop for immune support

Twice daily face wash with water only - sometimes with bp face wash

One/twice a week hydrating mask - non oily - non comodogenic

I take about 50% vegetables - 30% fruits and about 20% chicken/ or fish

MY MAIN QUESTION IS WHY WOULD MY BREAKOUTS AND CLOGGED PORES INCREASE WHEN I HAVE "IMPROVED" MY DIET.

I could be eating what i was eating and have slightly less acne and it just doesnt make any sense. Now i feel that if i do start eating what i was eating- i will breakout even more and now that i've learned about nutrition-acne connection i want to eat healthier

Anyone who has had similar reaction to new diet or has any idea what it is please help

I just dont understand why I would break out more when i change my diet. I have lost over 15 lbs in about 2 months already and friends i hadnt seen in a while have said i look like i have cancer with how much weight i've lost. And the increased acne does not help. I was once at 195lb 5ft 10in. I leveled off at 175 lb and had persistent mild to moderate acne for the past two years. At the end of the school year i stressed out more and i didnt want to start the summer with acne so i began searching for ways to reduce acne through diet. I tried adding omega 3s 6s and 9s while switching to soy milk. I eliminated gluten a week after-or what i thought had gluten. Within a couple days i was getting large bumps along my jawline- it was about one or two at first and didnt link it to anyting i was doing it seemed to quick to have been correlated. I looked into soy milk and was scared away from the negative affects so i do not drink any milk now. I was still getting huge bumps under the skin along the jawline-the biggest bumps i had ever gotten. I stopped taking my multi-s - and EFA's and about 3-4 days after i squeezed the last of the fluids from the largest bump. I have no similar breakouts which makes me feel better. What is freaking me out is the excessive amount of clogged pores im getting. I'm breaking out on my cheecks from all the pores. About 3 or four in the last couple weeks. I now have 3 very small semi-active bumps on my cheeck among many more clogged pores. I am seeing more and more bumps everyday on the other cheeck, nose, and forehead.

MY MAIN QUESTION IS WHY WOULD MY BREAKOUTS AND CLOGGED PORES INCREASE WHEN I HAVE "IMPROVED" MY DIET.

I could be eating what i was eating and have slightly less acne and it just doesnt make any sense. Now i feel that if i do start eating what i was eating- i will breakout even more and now that i've learned about nutrition-acne connection i want to eat healthier

Anyone who has had similar reaction to new diet or has any idea what it is please help

Hey bud, I have had a similar situation happen a few years ago. In my teen years I had mild acne but by the time I hit 19 years old my acne was about 99% gone. For years my skin flawless, that was until about 2 years ago. I had this "awakening" moment where I decided I wanted to change my life around for the better. So I quit smoking Marijuana and Cigarettes, stopped drinking soda and beer, and began eating very healthy. I also began lifting weights daily and running about 21 miles a week. About 3 weeks into my new life, my acne came back with vengence after 7 years of having clear skin.

My theory? The muscle mass I put on increased my testosterone, some studies show testosterone increases up to 70% after a workout. With testosterone comes an increase in DHT, and of course the DHT will make your sebaceous glands go crazy. I now have my acne under control with Differin, Aczone and the occasional antibiotics, but my oily skin is still there which tells me my DHT/testosterone is still much higher then the pre-workout levels of 2 years ago.

I guess my question is, did you lose your weight strictly from dieting? Or did you begin working out and doing cardio as well? I d on't think an occasional workout will really fluctuate hormones, but if you workout religiously, it can have a drastic change on the hormones in the body. There has been several posts on this site in regards to working out and acne.

And they keep coming! Thanks for the suggestions. I did start working out when I started the diet but it was a jog about 20 mi. A week. I havnt worked out much in the past ten days tho. I have done a basic metabolic panel and a testosterone test and its all normal testosterone on the low side and excess testosterone also. Vitamin d is good. I do believe its hormones tho. Exactly how I dnt knw but I knw it is. I have stopped masturbation for months and had the occasional night emission which would brake me out on the cheeks. I have somehow managed to keep from ejaculating for a while now and try excersising lightly a few times a week. Can more stress have such an impact on my acne?

Excessive masturbation/ wet dreams before reaching puberty is the culprit. Go to a urologist and see if you need treatment for excessive wet dreams/prostatitis

Self supplementation without consulting doctors is dangerous as it might damage your kidneys, liver etc. Try drinking one cup of fresh/organic mixed vegetable juice daily specifically Carrot, Celery, Cucumber. Juicing book website have some great recipes. If you cant afford fresh juice try having Carrot juice/Wheat Grass juice from Whole Foods.

Weak thymus and adernal glands are the main reason most people get acne. Specifically Thymus gland as it shrinks with age. Juicing, yoga, cardio are some ways to boost ur thymus gland.

Eat everything cooked and anything. Avoid liver stressors caffeine, cola, alcohol, junk food, high refined sugar.

This is crazy. You must be stalking me. Thanks for this info. Do you have a link to this? I took carrot cucumber and celery but in a blender just two days ago kuz I read someone in here saw an improvement.No joke I was already going to buy a juicer today. But the celery makes it taste aweful I replaced it with an apple. I started masturbation at about 9 somewhat excessively I would say on and off and hadn't stopped til about a year ago when i connected ejaculation with nasty breakouts on my cheeks. and recently also a lot of sex for a couple years after high school. I would greatly apreciate links to the info and juicing websites and ill keep udating to inform on any changes I see. Thanks a lot and even if juicing doesn't help my acne much I knw its a very healthy habi

Hey bud, I have had a similar situation happen a few years ago. In my teen years I had mild acne but by the time I hit 19 years old my acne was about 99% gone. For years my skin flawless, that was until about 2 years ago. I had this "awakening" moment where I decided I wanted to change my life around for the better. So I quit smoking Marijuana and Cigarettes, stopped drinking soda and beer, and began eating very healthy. I also began lifting weights daily and running about 21 miles a week. About 3 weeks into my new life, my acne came back with vengence after 7 years of having clear skin.

My theory? The muscle mass I put on increased my testosterone, some studies show testosterone increases up to 70% after a workout. With testosterone comes an increase in DHT, and of course the DHT will make your sebaceous glands go crazy. I now have my acne under control with Differin, Aczone and the occasional antibiotics, but my oily skin is still there which tells me my DHT/testosterone is still much higher then the pre-workout levels of 2 years ago.

I guess my question is, did you lose your weight strictly from dieting? Or did you begin working out and doing cardio as well? I d on't think an occasional workout will really fluctuate hormones, but if you workout religiously, it can have a drastic change on the hormones in the body. There has been several posts on this site in regards to working out and acne.

this

the solution? wash your face with soap 3-5 times a day to get rid of the oil.i would also recommend to wash at night if you wake up cuz at night test levels go the highest and higher test>higher DHT>more oil production>clogged pores>acne.[im mean "at night" is after few hours of sleeping.

Well, adding soy is not improving your diet. How long has it been since you stopped? those breakouts sound like reactions to a food intolerance. consider what else you have added to your diet.

And if you are losing too much weight, you aren't eating enough calories.

the solution? wash your face with soap 3-5 times a day to get rid of the oil.i would also recommend to wash at night if you wake up cuz at night test levels go the highest and higher test>higher DHT>more oil production>clogged pores>acne.[im mean "at night" is after few hours of sleeping.

Do not do that.

Well, adding soy is not improving your diet. How long has it been since you stopped? those breakouts sound like reactions to a food intolerance. consider what else you have added to your diet.

Do not do that.

why not

Do not do that.

why not

Because you strip away the acid mantle that protects your skin from microbes such as the bacteria in inflamed acne. And because it doesn't help. If your skin is that oily, blot it . And you could try applying milk of magnesia to absorb excess oil. More info: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/230714-good-things-for-the-many-factors-that-lead-to-acne/page__st__20#entry2591468

Do not do that.

why not

Because you strip away the acid mantle that protects your skin from microbes such as the bacteria in inflamed acne. And because it doesn't help. If your skin is that oily, blot it . And you could try applying milk of magnesia to absorb excess oil. More info: http://www.acne.org/...20#entry2591468

ok that makes sense, BUT, people wash their hands few times a day EVERY DAY THEIR WHOLE LIFE. and you do agree with me that we touch much more "dirty"/"infected" stuff with our hands then with our hands? [if i spelled this sentence correctly english is not my main language]

so that means that people should never wash their hands again cuz it strips away the acid mentle, not that i say that its wrong, i just say that if most of the western world wash their hands at least twice a day, yet we dont see them all get sick from bacteria that passed through their skin in their hands cuz there was no acid mantel.

ok that makes sense, BUT, people wash their hands few times a day EVERY DAY THEIR WHOLE LIFE. and you do agree with me that we touch much more "dirty"/"infected" stuff with our hands then with our hands? [if i spelled this sentence correctly english is not my main language]

so that means that people should never wash their hands again cuz it strips away the acid mentle, not that i say that its wrong, i just say that if most of the western world wash their hands at least twice a day, yet we dont see them all get sick from bacteria that passed through their skin in their hands cuz there was no acid mantel.

Your hands don't have oil glands and as your acid mantle is made of sebum and sweat, they would be less protected. And hands come into contact with much more bacteria. especially, more harmful bacteria. Probably more bacteria than your acid mantle could possibly counter. And i suggest you wash it off. Also, your hands aren't breaking out in acne.

Edited by alternativista

The only thing I can think of is much more fish-daily and more fruits npthing else. No caffeine.no refined sugars. No milk.same amount of eggs. I spoke to my physician and she said there's no such thing as food intolerance test maybe for gluten but that's it. I researched reliability of food intolerance testing and its not recommended. Where would I get one tho and is it blood testing or hair sample??

The only thing I can think of is much more fish-daily and more fruits npthing else. No caffeine.no refined sugars. No milk.same amount of eggs. I spoke to my physician and she said there's no such thing as food intolerance test maybe for gluten but that's it. I researched reliability of food intolerance testing and its not recommended. Where would I get one tho and is it blood testing or hair sample??

Your doctor is wrong. Although tests are not 100%. Very methodical elimination is the only way to be sure. but a test can help. There's info on tests here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne-condensed-han-t230714.html&view=findpost&p=2574130

Ok. Ill do a test see how it goes. How long would I have to wait for the results and what do u suggest eliminating for now? Eggs...chicken...fish..