Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
buckeye8084

What Natural Products Have Worked Best For Your Hyperpigmentation?

Posted

My derm currently has me washing with a sodium sulfacetamide/sulfer cleanser in the morning and then spot treating with a clindimycin gel. At night he has me using tretinoin .05 cream. i have taken it for about two weeks with no noticeable improvement.

My question is can I use any natural products in conjunction with my current treatment for acne for hyper pigmentation? And which one's have worked best for you?

No joke! I have all this stuff at my house and tons of others.

Bragg's ACV

Lemons

Manuka Honey

Aloe Vera Gel

Jojoba Oil

Aspirin

Absorbic acid powder

Tumeric powder

I was wondering if certain combinations of these products would well together and which one's I could use while on prescriptions?

Thanks in advance.

Posted

Turmeric powder and manuka honey are awesome for hyperpigmentation! I have really terrible red spots and they have faded a lot from using turmeric and raw honey together as a mask. It does not even have to be manuka honey (although manuka is great), it just has to be any kind of raw honey. You have to stick with it, though. I would do it at the very least twice a week. The great thing about honey as a mask is that you can leave it on for however long you want. I have sat around with honey on my face for ten minutes to over an hour. Manuka honey can be strong though. The manuka I was using was a very low strength. If you have a higher strength manuka I wouldn't leave it on for too long. But turmeric is a known skin lightener. It will just take time and patience.

Posted

Thanks for replying so fast. I have Wedderspoon 100% raw organic manuka honey Active 16+.

Can you tell me how much turmeric and manuka I should blend together to use as a mask?

Posted

I'm trying a new experiment. I let everyone know if it works.

I'm applying licorice extract, lemon juice and absorbic acid powder together. I'm going to leave it on for an hour each day.

Wish me luck.

Posted

I really think that aztec healing clay mixed with acv has really helped my marks. I love it.

Posted

Turmeric powder and manuka honey are awesome for hyperpigmentation! I have really terrible red spots and they have faded a lot from using turmeric and raw honey together as a mask. It does not even have to be manuka honey (although manuka is great), it just has to be any kind of raw honey. You have to stick with it, though. I would do it at the very least twice a week. The great thing about honey as a mask is that you can leave it on for however long you want. I have sat around with honey on my face for ten minutes to over an hour. Manuka honey can be strong though. The manuka I was using was a very low strength. If you have a higher strength manuka I wouldn't leave it on for too long. But turmeric is a known skin lightener. It will just take time and patience.

I absolutely second this, turmeric is amazing. I've been using the turmeric/honey mask (with plain greek yogurt as well) for 2 weeks now, every 2 nights, and it's helped immensely. I can't imagine how good my face would look today if I'd learned about turmeric months ago. I'm thinking of using the mask every night if my face can handle it.

Posted

i read another thread about the ability of turmeric to even skin out if u have hyperpigmentation. it's good to read more posts from others who are using this method. my only concern is turning my face orange lol! but i will be trying this very soon. i dont know if i will have the discipline to do it every 2 days but we will see!

Posted

ALOE VERA! USE IT EVERY NIGHT OR WHENEVER U CAN. AND YOULL SEE A DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT IN YOUR COMPLEXION.

Posted

The only Manuka honey I have ever had was only Active 6 so it never really cleared my face up but I hear 16+ is what you should be using for acne, so what you've got is spot on :)

You asked how much you should use. Well, as far as the honey goes, use as much as you need to cover your face and as far as turmeric goes...I honestly don't know! I never measure mine out! But I use enough that if I get some in my mouth I can definitely taste the bitterness of it. :P I say just experiment. Don't use loads of it, just sprinkle it in. Use different amounts each time and see what works. I've never experienced any burning or irritation from any amount I've used.

Also, people are so scared of turmeric staining the skin!! I have very fair skin and I've been using turmeric for months now and my skin is the same color it's always been.

I hope this helps! Sorry for the late response, acne.org did not give me any warnings that people have been responding.....

I absolutely second this, turmeric is amazing. I've been using the turmeric/honey mask (with plain greek yogurt as well) for 2 weeks now, every 2 nights, and it's helped immensely. I can't imagine how good my face would look today if I'd learned about turmeric months ago. I'm thinking of using the mask every night if my face can handle it.

What kind of honey do you use?

Posted

lol! i didnt think it would permanently stain my skin! i was just concerned about looking orange if i use this mask in the morning.

i have heard fresh aloe gel from the plant does wonders for the skin. i would probably have to mix mine with jojoba oil because aloe gel left my skin feeling tight when i used it on a scratch on my face once.

Posted

Haha!! Ok, I will give you credit but some people (when I mention I put turmeric on my face) think they'll permanently look like snookie for the rest of their lives or something. :D Nah, you won't look orange afterwards especially if you rinse very well and use a toner afterwards.

I've heard the same thing about aloe!! But honestly it would be a pain to have to buy a cactus, cut it open everyday, etc, right?!

Posted

I use lemons, does ntohing as far as I can see. All natural products are useless / takes months IMO

Posted

I use lemons, does ntohing as far as I can see. All natural products are useless / takes months IMO

Lemons aren't always good for the skin or very useful, but don't give up on natural products, honey and turmeric really are amazing! Take it from someone who has gone through worse skin than you might ever see in your life, out of anything I've ever done to my skin (and I've tried just about everything lol) honey and turmeric have done the most in just the couple of weeks that I've been using them, and my skin has never felt healthier!

What kind of honey do you use?

Right now I'm just using a good raw honey that I bought from Whole Foods, I'm thinking of looking for some manuka honey though cause I've heard it might be better for hyperpigmentation

Posted

Haha!! Ok, I will give you credit but some people (when I mention I put turmeric on my face) think they'll permanently look like snookie for the rest of their lives or something. biggrin.png Nah, you won't look orange afterwards especially if you rinse very well and use a toner afterwards.

I've heard the same thing about aloe!! But honestly it would be a pain to have to buy a cactus, cut it open everyday, etc, right?!

oh u can do it if u really want to!! :P it isnt a hassle, really, if u have a pair of stainless steel scissors. just snip snip squeeze! i bought an inexpensive pair years ago & i use it all the time around the house.

Posted

Rose Hip Seed Oil, jojoba oil and lite chemial peel with fruit acid like lactic acid.

Posted

+1 to Manuka honey!

Amazing stuff. Has shown fast results in a week and has shown more results that anything I have ever used has!

Costs £10 for a UMF 10 25mg bottle at Holland & Barretts!

Ultimate Hyperpigmentation cure has been found!

Posted

it is not completely natural (in the sense that you can eat it as well as use it for the skin) but my complexion has somewhat improved by using medical crystals. It is like a home dermabrasion kit, if you type the words in a search engine it will lead you to the site.

I have been drinking tumeric with warm milk and cinnamon more or less regularly. Thank you for the tip of mixing it with honey. I will try that this evening! I always end up bright yellow after using tumeric, and since I ave to work tomorrow I will put on a clay mask afterwards.

OP good luck with treating your hyperpigmentation !

Posted

Nothing is more effective than a warm moist towel. Apply it for several minutes to improve circulation. For darker marks where you have more damage to deep skin layers, I gently scratch at the mark to break up the surface cells then apply the towel. The towel will soften and sloth off dead skin cells. Dark marks will gradually fade if repeated daily. Use just the warm towel for lighter red marks.

Posted

While I don't have bad hyperpigmentation (and still really hard to tell how much of it is really mine because I am off Accutane for only 6 months), I do remember having a sunburn a few years back and running out to the drug store and getting 100% pure Vitamin E oil. Applying that and sleeping in it overnight immediately took my redness out of the burn the next day. This stuff blew my mind, and I remembered this a few days ago and bought another bottle. It helps eliminate sunspots and is AMAZING. I really hope you give it a shot, you won't be disappointed!

Posted

Hey, just wanted to add something else I discovered today and just finished posting about in a thread called "Yogurt mask" (or something).

Plain greek yogurt as a face mask! I bought some today (Fage brand although I'm sure any is great) and applied to my face along with turmeric (again with that stuff, I know....I love it) for 15 minutes. It felt great and really helped with some healing, scabby marks I had. I won't go on for too long about it because I just posted a big long thing about it on that thread I previously mentioned but, yeah, try it out if you can :)

Posted

Can I mix some aloe vera gel with clindamycin phosphate gel and use that in the morning. At night I always use Differin, Clinda, and BP, and that has worked great to get rid of the pimples. Now for the marks...I want to use Clinda and aloe in the morning. Will that work?

Posted

I've been applying a 10+ manuka honey and turmeric mask every evening for about 8 months (it's actually on right now). After the first few months I noticed a big difference in my red marks and the overall clearness of my skin. Now though, I'm starting to lose interest because there are a couple of marks which have absolutely refused to fade.

I think this mask is great, so I hope it'll continue to work. surprised.gif

Posted

I've been using ACV for almost 2 weeks now, and my 6 month old marks (mainly on cheeks) have faded around 40% (trying not to exaggerate). Most of this progress happened in the first week, however recently the progress has slowed down. I'm still really optimistic however, cause I've been using 1:1 water with ACV, and will probably increase the ACV concentration. New marks refuse to fade however much to my dismay. Old marks fade really well though.

Posted

I've been applying a 10+ manuka honey and turmeric mask every evening for about 8 months (it's actually on right now). After the first few months I noticed a big difference in my red marks and the overall clearness of my skin. Now though, I'm starting to lose interest because there are a couple of marks which have absolutely refused to fade.

I think this mask is great, so I hope it'll continue to work. surprised.gif

+1 for Manuka honey.

Wash your face with facewash during the evening.

Apply Manuka honey ( 10UMF or higher ) on your face lightly with your fingers.

Sit around like Pooh bear with honey on his face for 2 hrs.

Wash off face with water first and then facewash

Apply a moisturizer

Improvements can be seen in 1 week.

To make your face brighter, dab squeezed lemon juice once a day

Posted

Would organic turmeric make a difference?