Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just finished my last month (6th month) of accutane, doctor said no more :). But I'm still left with blackheads on my nose and I have a pimple on my chin. I'm worried my acne is going to come back. Has this happened to anyone else? Will the blackheads go away? Im so nervous.

Accutane isn't really the magic cure some make it out to be...you will find plenty of people on this board whose acne came back full force 3 months after accutane. Lots of people go on multiple courses of accutane as well...

Chin pimples are hormonal. Even accutane won't cure those becaues accutane just reduces the sebum, it doesn't change your hormones. You're only going to stop those with hormonal treatment (birth control, spiro, and/or diet).

Hello, I was on Accutane for 4 and a half months, and had to quit about 2 months ago because of an onslaught of medical issues.

My skin was nearly perfect until I quit the Accutane.

I am still on birth control, but am also experiencing some skin issues again. My pores are visible again(on Accutane, my pores were totally perfect), and I have had 1-2 pimples on my chin also.

A lot of people have some zits right after stopping the drug which subsides later. I believe it's possible for acne to come back, but it could be temporary.