Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Murph89

Suggestions. Pic Included

Ive been dealing with this area for about 3 months now. Most of it is red marks but I do get pimples every so often there. I use a BHA gel every night with emu oil after it dries. I've been doing that for about a week and I'm not seeing much improvement. It bums me out so much. Is my skin that bad? Any suggestions? I do see a derm on Tuesday.

I wash am and pm with aveeno ultra calming foaming wash which has definitely decreased the redness I had around my nose.

Edited by Murph89

I don't know man. It reallly doesn't look that bad and it's only one side of your face so you're lucky! All of my experiences with the dermatologists and their products just made me break out more and made my skin tone worse and my face more oily. So I'd hate to see you end up worse because of the stuff they give you. I guess I would at least go and see what they say and what they give you..

Yeah I agree with Beender, your face doesn't look bad at all. I have a lot of those stupid hyperpigmentation spots.

I haven't really tried anything to get rid of them but I've heard aspirin masks can work pretty well. I also just bought a dermaroller and have heard that it works well too, I can let you know how it works once I've started it? Or even a skin lightening cream might help.

Yeah red marks make it seem like my skin is worse than it is I guess. My skin is smooth from the BHA and emu oil. It's been a rough 4 months for me dealing with skin issues again after beng clear for over a year. The marks are only 1-2 weeks old so Im not gonna consider a lightening cream yet. I. Considering trying apple cider vinegar as a toner...

Edited by Murph89

Your marks don't seem to be bad at all! I guess the only way to rid of them is to keep using the BHA since it will rid of dead skin and redness. But it takes time as well. I'm using a BHA too, neutrogena 3 in 1 hydrating treatment. Makes my skin feel smooth as well, its great

Thanks all of u. Would you guys say skip out on the derm on Tuesday and save my money and try a little more on my own? I don't have insurance so the exam will cost $200 then products. Or go and see what he has to say and recommends? He was recommended to me and he's a really good and experienced derm.I just want to be clear ASAP as my life is in a stand still right now. I'm 22 1/2 dealing with this shit again.

Edited by Murph89

I say skip it. You have really nice skin! Check out the thread on green tea/salt toner in this section of the forum for your redness.

I say skip it. You have really nice skin! Check out the thread on green tea/salt toner in this section of the forum for your redness.

Sounds great but its jus too difficult to do with my living situation. I'm living in a tiny apartment with 2 other people and it's just too small and crammed to be making a concoction like that. Plus I don't want them to be asking questions on what I'm doing. I think I'm going to try ACV as a toner. Do you think it would be too much to use ACV then my BHA (salicylic acid)? Paula's choice says cleanse tone exfoliate moisturize. Im doing it all minus toner.

Hopefully someone else will make a suggestion because I'm not sure about how those products interact with each other.

Yeah it may be too much. My skin is seriously super super smooth I love it, I jus hate the red marks. My heart also sinks when I feel a pimple coming up. I know I'm really really lucky compared to others here, so I'm grateful for that. I may try Paula choices toner. It's all natural. I used to use witch hazel when my skin was clear a year ago and I loved it, but I find it's too much for my skin now.

Sounds great but its jus too difficult to do with my living situation. I'm living in a tiny apartment with 2 other people and it's just too small and crammed to be making a concoction like that. Plus I don't want them to be asking questions on what I'm doing. I think I'm going to try ACV as a toner. Do you think it would be too much to use ACV then my BHA (salicylic acid)? Paula's choice says cleanse tone exfoliate moisturize. Im doing it all minus toner.

Is that really a good argument? You don't need alot of space to make a toner. And who cares if they ask what you're doing. Tell them you're making a toner you read about online. And yeah, i'd skip the dermatologist. There's nothing he can tell you that you can't find out on this site. And your skin isn't bad at all

I use BHA and Dan's BP and my skin is kinda sensitive.. so I'm guessing if my skin can handle it, maybe yours can handle ACV and BHA. But yeah everyones skin is different

Your skin looks amazing - trust me! Yes, you can see some acne but it doesn't look all that bad and it also doesn't look inflamed. I would love for my skin to look like yours right now.

Your face is very clear. To get rid of those remaining red marks I would reccomend a retin-A cream. You could also try the oil cleansing method but that may not help your situation.

Your skin looks amazing - trust me! Yes, you can see some acne but it doesn't look all that bad and it also doesn't look inflamed. I would love for my skin to look like yours right now.

Thank you. It's not inflamed it's just a few red marks that I hate. Working on clearing them up with my emu oil that worked in the past

Your face is very clear. To get rid of those remaining red marks I would reccomend a retin-A cream. You could also try the oil cleansing method but that may not help your situation.

I used tazorac a while back to clear my skin up and it worked but I really don't wanna go back onto a harsh retinoid like that again. Is retin A calmer? I'm using a BHA gel that has really cleaned my pores and given me super soft skin again. It has purged me but I know that's just the stuff in the pores coming out. I have 2 white heads right now that I'll take care of before bed, which of course will leave more red marks. Usually a dab of witch of hazel helps out to prevent a red mark.

Can you explain the oil cleansing method and the purpose of it?

Edited by Murph89

Never try chemicals product and visit a derm! It will be a bad move! biggrin.png

You should try Aloe vera (fresh) very good for red marks and scars. You can also try turmeric for small pimples. I heard it works wonder.

Just buy raw turmeric powder (pure one) and apply it itself, no water, etc. Good luck! You can do research ^^

Edited by EddieE

Never try chemicals product and visit a derm! It will be a bad move!

Why?

Your skin isn't severe. Also, chemicals are bad for skin. When I used to apply BP, my skin looked bad.. I looked older, etc. My skin is now super smooth and natural looking, but I have 3 pimples and some redness which I am taking care of . Derm USUALLY prescribe pills, products with chemicals, etc. Eating healthy and exercise will give you a nice glowing skin. Sometimes you need something natural for red marks and scars which I saw aloe vera (fresh) can do that job. Essential oils are good too.

Ive been dealing with this area for about 3 months now. Most of it is red marks but I do get pimples every so often there. I use a BHA gel every night with emu oil after it dries. I've been doing that for about a week and I'm not seeing much improvement. It bums me out so much. Is my skin that bad? Any suggestions? I do see a derm on Tuesday.

I wash am and pm with aveeno ultra calming foaming wash which has definitely decreased the redness I had around my nose.

I have quite a tendency to hyper-pigment if the pore gets inflamed at all. I would say what helped me the most was using a 17% zinc sunscreen every day, rain or shine to prevent any new spots.

After they were healed, I used a TCA peel. It took a ton of research and the downtime was pretty long (about 2 weeks), but all my dark spots were gone! I ordered from makeupartistschoice.com and I used the 12.5% (2 layer) and then waited 3 weeks and then did a 12.5 (3 layer).

This can be really easy to abuse, so if you go that route, do as much research as you can and remember that gentler will always be better when it comes to chemical peels.

Why?

Your skin isn't severe. Also, chemicals are bad for skin. When I used to apply BP, my skin looked bad.. I looked older, etc. My skin is now super smooth and natural looking, but I have 3 pimples and some redness which I am taking care of . Derm USUALLY prescribe pills, products with chemicals, etc. Eating healthy and exercise will give you a nice glowing skin. Sometimes you need something natural for red marks and scars which I saw aloe vera (fresh) can do that job. Essential oils are good too.

I wouldn't consider salicylic acid a chemical. Not the 1 I'm using. It's willow bark extract. I'm using emu oil along with it which helped in the past.

Why?

I wouldn't consider salicylic acid a chemical. Not the 1 I'm using. It's willow bark extract. I'm using emu oil along with it which helped in the past.

I know, I use SA %2 as a spot treatment. I buy the natural one from Albana.

I has similar red marks on my cheeks and using a mixture of raw unprocessed honey and Aloe has done wonders.

I has similar red marks on my cheeks and using a mixture of raw unprocessed honey and Aloe has done wonders.

Did u use aloe straight from a plant or bottle? Was it 100%? How long did you leave the mixture on for?

Did u use aloe straight from a plant or bottle? Was it 100%? How long did you leave the mixture on for?

It was in gel form, yes 100%. Fruit of the Earth brand, actually.

I left it on for about 30 minutes every night. Still do!

your skin looks fine..but one time my skin had a few pimples and it got worse over time you can prevent it from worsening in the future by going to the derm...cause when it gets bad it gets bad...maybe you can try a topical antibiotic ..skip out on the retinoids those will just worsen it with an initial break out ...sometimes people have 80 percent and they want the that 20 percent but when the go for that 20 percent to be 100 percent perfect they end up losing out on that 80 percent and just end up with the 20 percent...so skip out if he offers you differin cause some acne meds will worsen your condition and it takes time for them to work and get better..:)