Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forbesboy

MEBO RESTORE OINTMENT FOR SCARS

Hey everyone. this is only my 2nd post but ive been a long time reader.Im 19 and have suffered from ongoing mild to severe cystic acne since i was 11. started roacutane at 12 was young and stupid and did not take notice of the STAY OUT OF THE SUN WARNING my derm gave me and thus suffered some pretty servere sun-damage to go with it. picked and prodded at my face as much as i could for good measure and got a bit of every type of scarring rolling, ice-pick, boxcar(some kids think there invinsible). seems to me theres some great people on this board and its great that everyone has pulled together to share there experiences and ideas. so here's my 2 cents.

Ive been using this mebo scar ointment for about 2 years and have noticed dramatic improvments in my existing scaring and virtually no scarring on newly healed acne from a recent whole face outbreak . this stuff is made for hospital burn patients and is supposed to be "medical grade" it also is endorced by many countries national burn centres. its made up of sesame oil, manuka honey and cactus extract and works by stimulating the stem cells of the skin to regenerate at an accelerated rate. it has helped with my skins pigment and gradually has flatened a lot of my scars out (not fully but making many of them more unsightly) It is an OILY product so im assuming many of you wont be able to use it but if your skin can tolerate oily products i defenitly recommend checking it out i know for a fact it has helped me. your supposed to use it for a period of 12 months for maximum benefit but ive been using it for alot longer in conjunction with glycolic acid, rosehip oil and an exfoliating cream and it is doing really good things for my skin. its made in china i think but its availible through the internet(i think). but go check it out anyways at its website [url=http://www.mebo.com]

this one explains it a little better[url=http://www.mebo.co.nz]

thats bout all i got to say for now but good luck yall! ;)

Bullshit.

Lol, I was just going to leave it at that but...

No offense intended to you, forbesboy.

your supposed to use it for a period of 12 months for maximum benefit
That's about the maximum time it takes acne scars to heal on their own. You would get just as much amazing stem cell chinese healing from applying tap water. Cmon, use your head people.

Bullshit.

Lol, I was just going to leave it at that but...

No offense intended to you, forbesboy.

That's about the maximum time it takes acne scars to heal on their own. You would get just as much amazing stem cell chinese healing from applying tap water. Cmon, use your head people.

thanks oldguy your a real breath of fresh air.

surely anythings worth a try

Ac taully there is an ointment from china made mostly of honey that is the most effective burn treatment, honey is long accepted and has been used as a wound healer because of it's proven regenerating properties. Honey actually is one of, if not THE most effective wound/burn treatment and has a proven track record. So is sugar actually which works through osmosis sapping water from bacteria and killing it while healthy cells remain. Check out the book "Honey, mud and maggots" written by PhD's about these "folk" treatments that are actually extremely effective and incorporated in medicine when so called modern/better treatments fail

Ac taully there is an ointment from china made mostly of honey that is the most effective burn treatment

So is this what you put on yourself if you get a burn then? Or would you use sugar? If you had a baby would you put honey or sugar on its burn? I bet you would not.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlere...bmedid=11405898

Conclusion

Confidence in a conclusion that honey is a useful treatment for superficial wounds or burns is low. There is biological plausibility.

That's good that it's helped you, but I have never heard of it. What do you consider dramatic improvement? Can you quantify any further? Though Sesame oil & manuka honey may be beneficial to the skin, cactus extract sounds very irritating. At best I would think this is a high-quality moisturizer. Sorry to be skeptical, just my thoughts.

Here is some information from cosmeticscop.com about the ingredients mentioned:

sesame oil. Emollient oil similar to other nonfragrant plant oils. See natural moisturizing factors. - cosmeticscop.com

natural moisturizing factors. One of the primary elements in keeping skin healthy is making sure the structure of the epidermis (outer layer of skin) is intact. That structure is defined and created by skin cells that are held together by the intercellular matrix. The intercellular matrix is the "glue" within the skin that keeps skin cells together, helps prevent individual skin cells from losing water, and creates the smooth, non-flaky appearance of skin. The components that do this are called natural moisturizing factors (NMFs). Lipids are the oil and fat components of skin that prevent evaporation and provide lubrication to the surface of skin. It is actually the intercellular matrix along with the skin's lipid content that gives skin a good deal of its surface texture and feel. When the lipid and NMF content of skin is reduced, we experience surface roughness, flaking, fine lines, and a tight, uncomfortable feeling (Source: Skin Research and Technology, August 2000, pages 128–134); moreover, the skin's healing process is impaired. NMFs and lipids make up an expansive group of ingredients that include ceramide, hyaluronic acid, cholesterol, fatty acids, triglycerides, phospholipids, glycosphingolipids, amino acids, linoleic acid, glycosaminoglycans, glycerin, mucopolysaccharide, and sodium PCA (pyrrolidone carboxylic acid). Mimicking the lipid content of skin ingredients are apricot oil, canola oil, coconut oil, corn oil, jojoba oil, jojoba wax, lanolin, lecithin, olive oil, safflower oil, sesame oil, shea butter, soybean oil, squalane, and sweet almond oil, which can all be extremely helpful for skin. - cosmeticscop.com

manuka oil. Derived from the New Zealand tea tree; the oil is similar to that of the Australian tea tree, Melaleuca alternifolia. Manuka oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties (Sources: Phytotherapy Research, December 2000, pages 623–629; and Pharmazie International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, June 1999, pages 460–463). See also tea tree oil. - cosmeticscop.com

cactus flower extract. There is little information about this plant extract when applied topically, but it may be a skin irritant that causes itching and skin pustules (Sources: Botanical Dermatology Database, http://bodd.cf.ac.uk/BotDermFolder/BotDermC/CACT.html; and Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, www.naturaldatabase.com). - cosmeticscop.com

Guest Scorpioness

Tamara.... I didn't know you liked Frida Kahlo! wub.gif

I would be skeptical about this stuff. After trying almost every topical known to man including CPs, Retin-A, Creme De La Mer, Kinerase, peels, manuka honey, mandelic acid, and so on and on and on, dozens more... I have found that that keeping a simple, cheap topical regimen is about as effective as all the elaborate and expensive regimens. No real scar improvement seems to come from using topicals and TCA CROSS is all that has really worked for me. How I wish I could do another treatment, but unfortunately my schedule won't allow it for awhile. eusa_wall.gif