Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rebecca Bostwick

What's Going On With My Skin?

Hey everyone,

I have a question. For years, (and I mean years), I've dealt with body acne. It's especially bad on my arms and back, to the point that wearing tank tops is totally out of the question. I've always treated this as acne, but even when the blemishes disappear, (BP seems to work well for that), my skin is still very... I guess congested is the right word. It's almost as if my skin just doesn't exfoliate itself. The majority of the pores on my face, arms, back, and chest are full of this white stuff. They never get inflamed or raised, it just sits there until I apply pressure and it pops out.

Does anyone else have this problem? What should I try? I've used a salicylic acid toner, but it doesn't seem to touch it.

Thank!

Bec

Try dans aha or any good alpha hydroxy acid, aha's help speed up cell renewal and sheds the top layers of skin for better exfoliation. I have chest and back acne but have the same 'cogested' problem as u so il be taking my own advice and getting me some aha! It's helped my face a lot so I hope I can say the same for my back. Read up on alpha hydroxy acids and see if u think it can be good for u x

Exactly, I completely agree with you. alpha hydroxy acids helps in cell renewal. Surely it would be helpful for you.

:)

Have you done any research into other conditions that it could be? Like Keratosis Pilaris, folliculitis etc.

I use an exfoliating body wash on one of this big spongy things in the shower. I don't have a specific brand, I just look for one that has A LOT of beads in it.