Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using Epiduo for a few weeks, and was wondering if I could use an AHA/BHA to help control the peeling or if it would be too irritating? I use Epiduo at night and would use the exfoliant in the morning. I also don't really know which one would be best to use and was wondering if anyone had recommendations from the Paula's Choice skin care line? I really don't want something irritating/drying. It just has to control the peeling.

I was also thinking about getting an exfoliant for my back (moderate acne) from the same skin care line, but again had trouble deciding.

I also wanted a gentle cleanser from the line because my derm recommended Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, but it makes my face dry and tight (I think it's the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate). It needs to be super gentle (sensitive skin) and hydrating.

So, an exfoliant for my face, one for my back, and a cleanser. Recommendations?

EDIT: I have actually just been looking at Dan's cleanser/AHA, and it seems to be reasonably priced (more so than Paula's Choice) and has similar ingredients to Paula's Choice. I definitely want to get the cleanser. Do you think the AHA would work for my back and my face?

Edited by cerulean

I use paula choices 1% bha gel. My skin is a little dry but nothing a moisturizer can't fix. An exfoliant to control the peeling? Exfoliates might make you peel more as they remove the outer layer of your skin. Might wanna look into emu oil. Really helps with any dryness and peeling I get or got when I was on harsh topicals.

You can try Cerave hydrating cleanser, some ppl have said Dan's cleanser is a little drying.

You can try Cerave hydrating cleanser, some ppl have said Dan's cleanser is a little drying.

Actually, that sounds like a really great idea! I just looked up the ingredients and saw it didn't have any SLS. And none of the reviews I've read have reported any dryness. I think I'll try it once my Cetaphil runs out.