Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cooool

Vitamin A Weak Accutane Substitute?

Hey, just wanted to share how I've gotten my oily skin under control (fingers crossed), and the pimples that come along with it. One, before I go out I've been applying Phillips milk of magnesia every other day with my fingers, leaving it on my face for about 20 mins and washing it off before applying a little glaxal base (moisturizer)

Secondly, which I think has done the most, is I've been taking Vitamin A (derived from fish). I took accutane in the past and its the only thing that really controlled my oil. Vitamin A's the next best thing, and for the first week I took 100000 IUs per day, then moved down to 50000 IUs per day until now. In a month I will keep a maintenance dose of 25000 IUs daily until 3 months are up, when I will stop to avoid overdose. BE VERY CAREFUL HERE, I did tons of research on dosage of Vitamin A to choose my dosages and treatment periods. I will also get liver tests done 1 and 4 months into this.

And there you have it! I expect this regimen to last me about 7 months, if the oily skin comes back after that I will resume Vitamin A until the oil is under control and continue with a maintenance dose for some time. Might go down to 10000 IUs per day.

Let me know what you guys think about this.

Make sure this is safe, as taking an overdose of a vitamin could be harmfull. Under accutane you were under constant supervision, but i have read a study about this and apparently leads to more or less results without the sideeffects of accutane.