Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
staedtler1013

BP Gel and Proactiv Comparison?

Hello, I was just wondering how Dan's BP gel compares to Proactiv's Repairing Lotion. Because I have been using the Proactiv Repairing Lotion along with some Neutrogena face wash soap that doesn't have BP or Salicylic acid. For the most part it worked very well and I didnt break out that much. Maybe once every 3 months did I break out. Now I have run out of the Proactiv repairing lotion and I dont want to spend 30 bucks on a Proactiv set when I only use the Repairing Lotion. I switched to Neutrogena's On The Spot cream and it certainly does not work as well as the Proactiv lotion. Ive broke out plenty times now and I got a huge pimple on my nose. I think my skin seems to absorb the Proactiv lotion better.

Now I really don't know what the problem is. I want to say maybe I should change the face wash and keep using the Neutrogena BP cream, but then again I was fine with the same face wash when I used the Proactiv lotion. So I figure it has to be the BP cream. So after this long rant, I was wondering if Dan's BP gel is better than or just as good as the Proactiv lotion. Also are they similar in texture? The Proactiv lotion was kind of gel-like. Anyways thanks in advance.

My experience has been pretty much the same as yours. When I first started this regimen I was using Rodan and Fields Calm treatment lotion which is 2.5% BP. It's made by the same people that make Proactiv, but it's for more mature skin and not as irritating. However, their cleanser and toners were too harsh for my face and left me very dry. I use Neutrogena Gentle Wash. I tried using Dan's BP gel and Paula's Choice 2.4% BP acne treatment lotion, and both times I started to break out again. It's only been with the Rodan and Fields (which BTW is $40 for a 2 oz. tube) leaves my skin clear, smooth and beautiful. I have decided it's worth it though. I love the way my skin looks, and won't try another treatment cream or lotion again. It's too distressing for me. I agree with you that it's probably the treatment cream and not the wash. Stick to what works best for you, and what works best for you is most usually different from anyone else's regimen. We are all unique that way. Hope this helps. It helps me to know I'm not the only one out there that experienced this problem too. lol.gif

I don't know how well either product works, but proactiv will sell you just the repairing lotion for $22 (a little pricey if you ask me!)

I was using Proactiv Repair Lotion with Cetaphil daily face wash when I originally started the regimen. I used it for about 2 weeks and when my lotion was running short I ordered some of Dan's BP. I feel like Dan's BP works just as well if not better. The texture is a little bit thicker, which gives you a little more time to rub it into your skin and let it absorb ... and afterwards my skin usually feels smooth. Dan's BP uses the least ingredients possible as to eliminate any additional irritation to the skin ... it is fragrance free ... and I think because it only has 6 inactive ingredients compared to Proactiv's 18, it left my face less irritated and dry. Hope this helps smile.gif