Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Activative

I Need Help (Pics)

this is driving me crazy.. I don't even want to go swimming. Or even shirtless. Why me? Im like the only one with it this bad

Im currently using Panoxyl 4% bp and sometimes Kaiser 10% bp..

Please give me some tips or advice

Looks fungal.. Try head and shoulders shampoo or get a script for an anti fungal cream if you can

same shit i had all over my body/face when i was 14, go on accutane... only thing that worked for me against this fucking disease, it will probably come back after you've finished but it shouldnt be as bad

It depends what kind of approach you want to go with. I'm an advocate for a natural approach and I don't think Accutane is natural or healthy to the human body. Maybe it's faster, but it's hurting you in the long run and it will hurt your liver which you need to be functioning healthily for clear skin! I would stop using the unnatural stuff you're using now, but that's just me. Acne sufferers need gentler products because we're more sensitive!

Acne on the the chest and back is hormonal. Are you currently taking any medicine that could interact with your hormones? Or are you still going through puberty? I can't tell how old you are. What I would do if I were you is to start taking baths with mineral salts. This will help with clogged pores and will draw the toxins out. If you want add some apple cider vinegar to this. No soda, juice, or energy drinks. Coconut water is okay if you need something to hydrate with for sports. Also, drink milk thistle tea daily along with a lot of water. This will help your liver detoxify. The liver is what regulates and detoxes your hormones. If you're going through puberty, do these things and try to wait it out. It WILL clear up and these things will definitely help.

Good luck! It gets better, I promise!

Hey! how long have you had this and what have you tried? Do you have acne on your face?

Besides the actual acne, your skin looks really irritated. As hard as it is, DO NOT PICK!! DO NOT SCRUB YOUR SKIN!! This ONLY IRRITATES your skin more, leading to MORE breakouts. I break out in little bumps on my shoulder from the seat belt rubbing on it! Throw away all those body scrubs and scrubbers. Seriously. Give your skin a break.

I would be careful about taking herbs...maybe you should first get a blood test and see what hormones or liver enzymes levels, etc. are out of balance. I also HIGHLY recommend a food allergy/sensitivity test! I tried accutane for 3 months in 2009 and my skin everywhere cleared up. I had it really really bad on my shoulders. But you know what? The acne came back, though not AS BAD as before. I wouldn't recommend accutane because I felt like HELL when was on it, and I believe I'm suffering side effects from it even years later.

I found out that almost all my acne is either diet related (allergy to wheat) and hormonal. Acne is also unfortunately hereditary. My parents both had acne, and my mom had it bad on her body. She has keloid scars now on her chest.....that's why I don't pick!

Hey!

I'm not sure what you've tried or how long you have had acne problems, but this looks like it is probably a hormonal issue. So, even though medicated creams can help the current problems, they're not always as good at targetting the problems that will come from under the skin in the future.

Although it is difficult to control hormones, there are some possibilities to helping them get not so out of hand. Some foods seem to trigger hormones to act up, but every individual is different so it's not always the case. Dairy is a common culprit, and sometimes even meat.

I don't know much about your diet, nor am I educated enough in the area to give you the proper advice, but perhaps talk to a doctor about how you are eating and some changes you can make to your diet so that are you eating more fresh, clean foods to keep your body clean and healthy. Sometimes treating your body right from the inside can be even more helpful to surface problems than anything you can do on the outside (and far less damaging than the risks of medications like Accutane).

And just another quick thing, you seem like a fairly clean person, but I thought I would make a note just in case. Washing your sheets, pillow, towels often, and always wearing clean, fresh clothing during the day and to sleep can minimize your skin's exposure to extra dirt and oils, which may help keep some spots in control.

Oh, one last thing! I just thought of this reading a previous post.

GREEN TEA! Anything that can help detoxify your body can do wonders. Some people really don't like the taste much, but if you chug two or three cups a day its worth it. Do your best to find an organic green tea, and preferably one of higher quality (even a loose leaf tea from a tea shop) to get your full benefits.

dude try dis bfre medications, i think it will help u.. for 15 days just eat boiled vegitables n put lot f greens in it.. u shud see improvement within the period n mayb it will completely go away! :) dnt evr loose hope..

Hey bud...

i totally understand what you are going through...i have never taken me shirt off anywhere...and have been asking that "why me" question for so longgg!!!

worst fear is ...i dont want ppl to think that this is contagious...i know it is not...but not sure if ppl who dont have it do!

anyway...hang in there...it ll be alright!

maybe this is doing you something great in someway that is not obvious for you to see " is what i keep telling myself !

1st off... see a dermatologist...do some research here and ask him/her about what you found here...

and 2nd... for now you can start off right away by drinking loads of water eating healthy and getting enough sleep in a single strech (helped for me!)