Notifications
Clear all

Washing Face With Gloves?

MemberMember
(@blackblake)

Posted : 06/12/2012 9:07 pm

Hey guys

I recently have been using vinyl disposable exam gloves for washing my face. They are powder and latex free. Anyone know if this is a bad idea? I did it because it seems like everytime i wash my hands prior to washing my face i break out due to the soap. But yea, yay or nay on this?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 06/12/2012 9:12 pm

Why not just wash your hands with the cleanser you're about to use for your face?

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 06/12/2012 9:19 pm

Nay. You have acne and unfortunately you'll break out. It's hard to ever pinpoint the cause of a breakout. But the chances are, you'd have broken out regardless of what you did.

The gloves won't help, they'll just make washing your face take longer than usual and waste your money.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 06/18/2012 5:32 pm

I don't see how it can hurt

MemberMember
(@sarah-hopper211825)

Posted : 01/21/2021 3:55 pm

Yay! Hands are filthy even when washing them regularly. I have struggled with severe breakouts for years! My pores are huge so they get infected easily. I'm a CNA at a nursing home, and I had always used gloves when putting anything on my resident's skin, so I got the idea to try it on my skin. Although I go through lots of gloves, it helps ALOT! It might just be because I have such easily infected skin, but for me this has made a big difference.

MemberMember
(@clearskinme)

Posted : 02/03/2021 5:44 pm

You definitely could but that could become expensive plus there's also a lot of waste.

I've started using face cloths to wash my face, it's sanitary and provides a tiny bit of exfoliation. My skin has been glowing ever since i've used it.