Notifications
Clear all

Is It Normal That My H.s. Are Really Raised After Cortisone Injections?

MemberMember
(@acnesucks33)

Posted : 06/12/2012 12:59 pm

I had my hypertrophic scars injected with cortisone yesterday. I was wondering why they are REALLY puffy, raised, and red today. Is this normal and will they subside like they are suppose too?

MemberMember
(@johnnyreb)

Posted : 06/12/2012 3:10 pm

Ive never had scars injected, but I've had cysts done..they were raised and puffy for about 24hrs then they went down dramatically.

MemberMember
(@homer0001)

Posted : 06/13/2012 1:07 am

It's probably normal. I've had tons of keloid steroid injections and I've never actually noticed if they were redder and bigger the next day haha. Ugly is ugly to me so I never really noticed the details.

Were they redder and bigger immediately after the injection, meaning that the doctor saw the reaction? If so, then the doctor probably knows what he's doing and I wouldn't worry about it.

If they got redder and bigger overnight, then I guess that might be unusual? Then again it might not be. Steroids are THE anti-inflammatory treatment so I find it hard to imagine the steroids making the scars bigger and redder. Maybe an allergic reaction?

I guess I'd give it a couple more days and if they stay this size or get bigger, I'd call the doctor and inquire.

MemberMember
(@acnesucks33)

Posted : 06/13/2012 9:18 pm

It's probably normal. I've had tons of keloid steroid injections and I've never actually noticed if they were redder and bigger the next day haha. Ugly is ugly to me so I never really noticed the details.

Were they redder and bigger immediately after the injection, meaning that the doctor saw the reaction? If so, then the doctor probably knows what he's doing and I wouldn't worry about it.

If they got redder and bigger overnight, then I guess that might be unusual? Then again it might not be. Steroids are THE anti-inflammatory treatment so I find it hard to imagine the steroids making the scars bigger and redder. Maybe an allergic reaction?

I guess I'd give it a couple more days and if they stay this size or get bigger, I'd call the doctor and inquire.

They're back to normal now. Hopefully these Cortisone injections work though...

MemberMember
(@ashv)

Posted : 06/27/2012 5:20 pm

So did the shots improve the scars at all?

MemberMember
(@acnesucks33)

Posted : 07/08/2012 1:48 pm

So did the shots improve the scars at all?

Not after the first treatment of shots. He said it will take 3-4 treatments of shots once per month. doubt.gif

MemberMember
(@supermachii)

Posted : 07/24/2012 8:56 am

june 11th, july 11th, august 11th, september 11th.

Can you post pictures before after each treatment?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 11/05/2012 3:48 pm

Did your scars go away or improve at all?

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 11/24/2012 3:07 am

i have the same concern... i have this one zit on my back, i guess it's a hypertrophic scar already since it's been there like 3+months.

i've had it injected couple of weeks back, and right now it is still elevated/raised......

is it necessary for it to be injected multiple times...coz it won't go down... it has reduced in size but it still is raised

MemberMember
(@maldition)

Posted : 12/17/2012 1:52 pm

go to doctor.