Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

hey guys, i have lots of red marks and recommendations?

post-161136-0-68492800-1339517547_thumb.

Posted

Looks like a mild case of dermatitis.

Posted

I don't know if its the lighting from the camera, but your skin looks great dude!

At least in my opinion. Anyways, for red marks, I'm using a retinoid, but it's clearing away my acne as well. You don't appear to have any significant active acne, but I'm not sure what kind of regimen you use for your skin.

Are the marks you're talking about from post-acne? Or are they just natural flushing? Or is your skin irritated and itchy? You could consult a derm about it, but if the redness is from acne, it should fade in time. Otherwise, I have heard of hydroquinone, although I would do more research and properly educate yourself before using it.

But honestly I think your skin looks good!

Posted

hey doodleme123, could be dermatitis i do get red marks very randomly, perhaps its irritation from that, not sure...

hey ariesgirl55, thanks for ur reply ;) , my marks are from previous acne however can look worse at random stages for no reason, i also get flushing aswell that can make my marks more red...

Posted

I have HORRIBLE acne marks, trust me, I can relate. Luckily, I'm a girl, so most people don't really notice/know I have it cause I wear makeup.

But mine are way worse than yours! They might be more recent I guess. I honestly can't even tell at least in that picture that you have any though! Your skin looks great to me.

But I know, in some lighting/irritated moments/random moments, our skin looks so much worse. And flushing is the worst. I have a naturally redder complexion, especially in my nose, and all those damn spots look especially prominent whenever my face flushes. I think I might have mild rosacea actually.

But keep doing whatever you're doing to keep your skin clear, avoid irritating your face when you cleanse it, be gentle, and give it time. You should be able to achieve the complexion you want just from that! Best of luck!

Posted (edited)

Hey brah, abit hard to see how bad the marks are on the pic, lighting and distance is a mindfuk. I have somewhat the same, just some discoloration on the cheeks where the acne was on its worst, if it is from the acne it will go away, just keep it acne free. How long have you been trying to fade them? and do you still get acne?

Edited by Supbro93

Posted

hey Supbro93,

my marks have been around for about 6 months, i still get occasional acne, however it is more irrational than anything (flushing, rash). my marks however get better and worse, in some cases over night, which is weird, maybe stress or something not sure. Just trying to cause as little irritation as possible, hopefully this helps, good luck dude ;).