Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theoceanthesky

How Bad Is My Acne Really?

Please check out my previous thread:

http://www.acne.org/...rs-t302976.html

As you can see, it's been years of different medications,topicals, and antibiotics, and there has still been ZERO improvement. It could definitely be A LOT worse.. but this still makes shaving a pain in the ass. (You can see my ingrown hairs in the following pictures)

2gwak5c.jpg

i2pv6c.jpg

28b7ls9.jpg

67408940d.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

98211348.jpg

45460519.jpg

Edited by theoceanthesky

Are you using a moisturizing pre-shave? Shaving is pretty hard on your facial skin and can exacerbate your ingrown hairs and cause a lot of irritation. My husband's acne clears up a lot when he uses Afta pre-shave, or when he doesn't shave.

Yeah, my shaving habits are pretty bad. I think I'm just afraid to try any new product because my skin hasn't ever gotten considerably worse and I don't want to risk changing that.

I wash my face with a cleanser ONLY in the morning while taking a shower. Using only my hands, I apply Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. I finish every one of my showers with 20 seconds of cold water because it leaves my skin feeling cool and closes my pores. After my shower, I apply Curel fragrance free lotion. That moisturizer keeps my skin from being dry for basically the whole day. At night, I shave in the shower, using only Bic Silky Touch razors (2 blades). Who gives a shit if theyre marketed towards women? That's the only thing I'll use because I'm afraid to put anything else to my face. Right after I finish my shower I apply my Tazorac gec. I also take Minocycline pills daily. It has done absolutely nothing for me.

Edited by theoceanthesky

Yeah, my shaving habits are pretty bad. I think I'm just afraid to try any new product because my skin hasn't ever gotten considerably worse and I don't want to risk changing that.

I wash my face with a cleanser ONLY in the morning while taking a shower. Using only my hands, I apply Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. I finish every one of my showers with 20 seconds of cold water because it leaves my skin feeling cool and closes my pores. After my shower, I apply Curel fragrance free lotion. That moisturizer keeps my skin from being dry for basically the whole day. At night, I shave in the shower, using only Bic Silky Touch razors (2 blades). Who gives a shit if theyre marketed towards women? That's the only thing I'll use because I'm afraid to put anything else to my face. Right after I finish my shower I apply my Tazorac gec. I also take Minocycline pills daily. It has done absolutely nothing for me.

Have you tried using a an electric razor? there for you can shave using that without using anything and its very gentle its what i do, and i try to shave only a few times week. im not a fan on after shave blams etc etc as most have ingredients that clog pores.

i simply just dry shave with an electric razor very gently.

shower and wash with clean and clear oil free wash

only at night i add some bp

moisterize with nuetrogena oil free visibly clear moisteriser

as for using the ladies 2 blade razors, bare in mind there made for legs/ armpits etc parts of the body where the skin is much less sensitive than your face. if your not a fan of electric i would at least invest in a good quality 3/4 blade mans razor by gilette or wilkinson sword.

its all my opinion mate obviosly all skins different but just offering you up some advice ;)

by the way your acne isnt that bad at all! you dont have no big spots! as soon as you find the right regime or product those little ones will dissapear big time!

Have you tried using a an electric razor? there for you can shave using that without using anything and its very gentle its what i do, and i try to shave only a few times week. im not a fan on after shave blams etc etc as most have ingredients that clog pores.

as for using the ladies 2 blade razors, bare in mind there made for legs/ armpits etc parts of the body where the skin is much less sensitive than your face. if your not a fan of electric i would at least invest in a good quality 3/4 blade mans razor by gilette or wilkinson sword.

its all my opinion mate obviosly all skins different but just offering you up some advice wink.png

by the way your acne isnt that bad at all! you dont have no big spots! as soon as you find the right regime or product those little ones will dissapear big time!

Thanks for the advice. I do have a few electric shavers. I am just terrified to run those blades over my acne in fear that it will make it way worse.

I've heard of a homemade solution for ingrown hairs.

26 uncoated aspirin, 5.5oz 70% Alcohol, 2.5oz Witch Hazel.

It's supposed to work wonders.

As far as your skin goes, I think it it looks great. I have seen some pretty bad acne so when I see something that looks like good I am positive.

I do understand though that it probably does seem bad to you.

its all my opinion mate obviosly all skins different but just offering you up some advice wink.png

Thanks for the advice. I do have a few electric shavers. I am just terrified to run those blades over my acne in fear that it will make it way worse.

I understand that fear lol i was like that but trust me an electric razor ( i use a phillips rotary shaver) is so much less harsh on skin and it cuts out using acne clogging balms etc. :)

I've heard of a homemade solution for ingrown hairs.

26 uncoated aspirin, 5.5oz 70% Alcohol, 2.5oz Witch Hazel.

It's supposed to work wonders.

As far as your skin goes, I think it it looks great. I have seen some pretty bad acne so when I see something that looks like good I am positive.

I do understand though that it probably does seem bad to you.

Oh my God.. that sounds so freaking painful haha. And thanks. I know it could be 1000x worse. I am thankful every day that my acne has been mostly controlled.

I do use an electric shaver, but usually only on my chin/neck area. I am kind of afraid to run the shaver across my cheeks, like I said before. I will try it soon though. Thanks

It does sound painful, But I have heard women swear by it for use on their... *ahem* sensitive areas.

In other news, I dig your long hair biggrin.png

It does sound painful, But I have heard women swear by it for use on their... *ahem* sensitive areas.

In other news, I dig your long hair biggrin.png

It's very Beatles-like. :D

Edited by theoceanthesky

honestly your skin looks kinda like mine apart from me having seborrheic dermatitis around nose, just skip the cleansing products and do cold showers to close your pores

out of 10 and 10 being the baddest, i'd give a 5!

You're joking, right ? From 1 to 10 thats like a 2 in the real life, and at the most you could say it looks like a 3 when shot with a high definition photo camera a couple inches away from the skin.

Edited by nick666

Just a little update.. I think I am definitely going to discontinue all use of my electric shaver. I tried shaving with it and it seems every spot I shave over is developing in-grown hairs/red marks in that area. I shaved with a razor over the areas after that and that seemed to help.

Wowawoowa.

You are very handsome.

My boyfriend has enlarged pores and I got him using an alcohol free toner and it worked pretty well.

I used Dans AHA lotion and ever since I started, my pores are barely noticeable.

Wowawoowa.

You are very handsome.

My boyfriend has enlarged pores and I got him using an alcohol free toner and it worked pretty well.

I used Dans AHA lotion and ever since I started, my pores are barely noticeable.

Awwww, thanks!

And I just googled that and found this, does anyone recommend this?

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/alcohol-free+toner.do

Edited by theoceanthesky

Wowawoowa.

You are very handsome.

Awwww, thanks!

And I just googled that and found this, does anyone recommend this?

http://www.neutrogen...l-free toner.do

That's the one I used to use before I bought one from Etsy that I fell in love with.

It worked good to me!

My boyfriend used the pore refining toner from the same brand. I don't think it has alcohol in it. JUST KIDDING! I just read that it does contain it. Hmmm, it worked though.

Your skin looks fine dude. I know we all see our skin differently,and I'm super obsessed and critical of my own skin, but I'm telling u from a man to man I don't see anything wrong with ony our skin besides those 2 marks on your right side,

Your skin looks fine dude. I know we all see our skin differently,and I'm super obsessed and critical of my own skin, but I'm telling u from a man to man I don't see anything wrong with ony our skin besides those 2 marks on your right side,

Thanks!

i see rolling scars and lots of obvious pores and very few actual pimples.. it doesn't look too bad! i'd say your biggest issue was your pores. your pimples look mild.

Edited by Distressed17