How Do You Control ...

Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Control Your Oily Skin?

MemberMember
(@carolinehartley)

Posted : 06/12/2012 8:59 am

I have such mad oily skin and NOTHING seems to work at all. Seriously get extremely oil about one hour into the day:(

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 06/12/2012 9:04 am

male or a female?

MemberMember
(@carolinehartley)

Posted : 06/12/2012 9:08 am

male or a female?

female

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 06/12/2012 9:23 am

any DHT blocker should do the work

i recommend saw plametto

just watch out, once you supress DHT, estrogen levels may go up. even though women would bother too much about the side effects, too much estrogen is not healthy eaither[in women too]. so dont go crazy and take high doses.

watchout, when estrogen levels go up, its easier to gain weight, so keep your diet strict.

MemberMember
(@sepsi)

Posted : 06/12/2012 11:50 pm

It's not necessary to take DHT blockers as supplements. Most of the T to DHT conversion happens in the skin anyway. So you can just apply saw palmetto on the skin and inhibit the conversion where it happens.

MemberMember
(@jadenbee)

Posted : 06/14/2012 2:35 am

plantation mint tea.

A. Maz. Ing. Well as long as you drink it every day. My oily face is really really really bad...after about two or three hours after i do my morning routine (which for me includes makeup--without makeup, my face get super slick within about an hour) my face is so insanely shiny with oil it feels disgusting and looks terrible. I've tried washes and moisturizers galore and none of it helps except plantation mint tea--it's a charm. I have no clue why, I was at my wits end and desperate and read about it so i tried it and within a week i noticed it helping and two weeks even better.

I'll post a pic, its at walmart and prolly other places too, bigelow brand. I drink either two cups a day or sometimes if i dont have time i'll just put three or four tea bags in a cup (i love strong tea) and drink it before bed. i doubt it matters when you drink it (i havent noticed any dif as far as that) but i've noticed the more i drink a day the more it helps oiliness. luckily i love tea, but i usually only drink four tea bags worth a day, whether that be a few cups or one strong cup it doesnt matter. only problem i have is sometimes i just get busy and forget, and within a week or two of stopping the oil is back. easy, cheap solution to oil, it works wonders for me. Definitely worth a try.

bigelow plantation mint tea

https://encrypted-tb...y5WWU9L4Z6FqdUA

MemberMember
(@cooool)

Posted : 06/18/2012 12:41 am

Give 100000 IUs Vitamin A/day a try under a doctors supervision for 3 weeks (or accutane) and no more oil. Then lower your dosage down to maintain the sebum reduction.

MemberMember
(@michelmorgon)

Posted : 08/01/2012 4:45 pm

According to me ,Water is the best control your oily skin .Water is clean your face.And there are so many products avaliable in the market,so you can use that.

MemberMember
(@johnny28)

Posted : 08/08/2012 5:15 pm

I got rid most of my oiliness after I was done with accutane but last week was craizy oiliness week for me.. I couldn't figure out was happened! Then checking weather services I realized we had 100% humidity.. heat doesn't make it bad for me but humidity is creazy!

Other than that, I can only recommend oil control lotions. Nothing else, apart from washing it away, will control it I'm afraid.

MemberMember
(@clairebear6292)

Posted : 09/29/2012 11:38 pm

Use milk of magnesia topically it's seriously amazing.

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 09/30/2012 12:52 pm

I use murad oil control mattifier spf 15. It keeps me less oily throughout the day its great. Get a sample from your local sephora.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/30/2012 5:11 pm

i recommend saw plametto

just watch out, once you supress DHT, estrogen levels may go up. even though women would bother too much about the side effects, too much estrogen is not healthy eaither[in women too]. so dont go crazy and take high doses.

watchout, when estrogen levels go up, its easier to gain weight, so keep your diet strict.

Suppressing DHT does NOT make estrogen go up. Suppressing PROGESTERONE can cause estrogen problems because one of progesterone's main jobs is to keep estrogen in check.

This misconception probably came about because certain anti-androgens, such as spironolactone, suppress DHT and actively raise estrogen at the same time.

Other anti-androgens, such as saw palmetto, do not raise estrogen.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 09/30/2012 5:50 pm

Use milk of magnesia topically it's seriously amazing.

Schwaaaa? How do you do that? That sounds interesting :P If it works it works.

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 10/01/2012 3:35 am

i recommend saw plametto

Suppressing DHT does NOT make estrogen go up. Suppressing PROGESTERONE can cause estrogen problems because one of progesterone's main jobs is to keep estrogen in check.

This misconception probably came about because certain anti-androgens, such as spironolactone, suppress DHT and actively raise estrogen at the same time.

Other anti-androgens, such as saw palmetto, do not raise estrogen.

saw palmetto do raise estrogen, im talking from self experience. when i started SP, my nipples used to hurt, they got bigger and now i have more mass there. its not gyno, but my nipples are defently bigger. after few weeks the pain stopped. then after like 4-5 months i increased the dosage and guess what, my nipples started hurting again and they grew abit more, that means estrogen levels go up. cuz nipple growth is stimulated by increased levels of estrogen.