Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Macqwerty

Please Help. 2Months!

Hey guys.

I have been on the regime for about 2 months.

It was going great. I still get extremely flakey skin and dryness but thats ok smile.png

However recently I have started breaking out again. Like a new zit everyday for the past week or so.

ALSO though, I have been getting zits where I don't use BP, where I NEVER usually get any. ( I don't use bp on my forehead nose or chin because they are normal parts of my skin. My acne is only on my cheeks :)

So my thoughts where I am just getting them because its a normal breakout on the breakout cycle?

Any help please??

Edited by Macqwerty

Hi Macqwerty, first of all congrats for getting through two months of the regimen. I have just a couple of things for you to think about because there is no way I have an answer for you, but only suggestions as to what may be happening.

First of all, if you're not applying BP followed by moisturiser all over your face, then in the strictist sense, you are not doing "The Regimen", instead you are doing your own adaptation of the regimen. I would guess that a lot of people get acne in isolated areas, rather than all over their face - with myself it was mainly my chin and forehead, very rarely on my cheeks. But when I started the regimen I applied the BP to my whole face, and it caused me to break out everywhere initially, including my cheeks where I never normally had acne. But I persevered and by 12 weeks or so I was 95% clear. The interesting thing is that I now find the skin all over my face is perfectly smooth, including my cheeks. Even though I never got acne on my cheeks, I still had a lot of tiny bumps under the skin that I hadn't really noticed because of all the other more obvious eruptions on the rest of my face. Those tiny bumps obviously came to the surface in my initial break out and now my skin is clear and smooth in appearance and touch. So in summary, my suggestion is to apply the BP to your whole face and see what the result is of that.

My second point is I found that personally by the end of week 7 or so of following the regimen, I started getting a lot less disciplined. I got a little lazy with waiting for the BP to dry fully before applying moisturiser, or I would be a lot more rough with my skin because I was applying the regimen faster, or I would miss applications etc. During this time I started getting a few more breakouts and I began thinking that the regimen wasnt working anymore, until I realised it was because I was being lazy and was not actually following the regimen anymore. As soon as I looked at what I was doing (or not doing) and corrected it, my skin got clear again.

Just a couple of things to think about and consider. Good luck with it! :)

I'm right there with you! the original progress I made after a few weeks was a sure enough sign that I wanna stick with the Regimen! but at the same time my skin started to get a little worse in weeks 6 and 7. I'm about to start week 8, and I believe that within the next month I can achieve my goal!

let me know how your progress is going along, if you want a Regimen buddy, we can update each other on our progression.

I'm right there with you! the original progress I made after a few weeks was a sure enough sign that I wanna stick with the Regimen! but at the same time my skin started to get a little worse in weeks 6 and 7. I'm about to start week 8, and I believe that within the next month I can achieve my goal!

let me know how your progress is going along, if you want a Regimen buddy, we can update each other on our progression.

Do you think there's a purge at week 6-7? I have been noticing a little now and that's right where I am.

Hey, I am having the same issue. I also noticed I got a little lazy and when I started back up relegiously, My face is going through a mini purge. Just keep hanging on, it will get better! but don't give up! :)