Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doesmasturbationcauseacne

Does Masturbation Really Cause Acne? (Final Experiment 2012)

Hello!

I want to put an end to this whole masturbation - acne theory. It kills me because I don't know whether or not masturbation is the cause of acne, I can't have a normal sex life because im afraid that I'll get acne in the next couple of days . That's why I've decided to make an experiment. I'll be masturbating once every day for 1 week. After that week, i'll stop masturbating for 2 weeks and observe the changes on my skin. LETS PUT AN END TO THIS!

Updates every day!

Starting with 4 small zits.

Day 1: Masturbated like 1 minute ago.

Masturbation doesn't cause acne- fact. Masturbation aggravates acne in some individuals-fact. If you're unfortunate enough to be one of those, learn to remain focused, maintain discipline and most importantly, keep busy. You know the old saying "The devil makes work for idle hands" no pun intended lol. If you're going to observe the changes, I'd recommend you give yourself at least a month. Change happens around the end of the second week (Energy levels, confidence etc).

Also, "Day 1: Masturbated like 1 minute ago." Just made my week lmao /facepalm

yes yes yes and once again, yes!!

its all about DHT\alpha 5 reductase.

heres the science behind it.

as we get to puberty, testosterone production getting bigger.

theres also such thing called free testosterone, wich also depends on the amount of testosterone there is in the body.

the more testosterone there is in the body, the more free testosterone there is in the body.

now, free testosterone do 1 thing, it becomes to 1 of the 3 hormones ill mention now:

DHT [dihydrotestosterone]-wich is created via enzyme alpha 5 reductase. DHT increases sebum production>oily skin [why oily skin only on face? cuz the face is the most sensitive part. but the back/neck/shoulders are also sensitive, wich are also known areas for acne]

estrogen-the female hormone, this hormone doesnt cause oily skin, and thats why women have more wrinkles as they age. cuz the oilier your face is, the less wrinkles you will have as you age.

SHBG[sex hormone binding globulin]-this hormone is simply anti-androgen and it binds with testosterone and lowers it.

now, in men, high DHT levels are in the body. DHT is anti estrogen wich means it lowers estrogen level in the body. the higher the DHT level in the body, the lower estrogen level in the body.

in women, the opposite is true. higher estrogen levels are in the body, wich means lower DHT levels.

SHBG is active only a little bit in both men and women.

how DHT causes acne? DHT stimulates the the sebaceous gland to produce oil. now, its possible that 1 person will produce 500mgDHT [only for example] and not have acne, and other person will produce 300mgDHT and have acne. why? cuz every body is diffrent and someone is more sensitive to DHT [therefore will have acne] and someone is less sensitive to DHT [and therefore wont have acne].

the same thing goes for people who go bald, some people are more sensitive to DHT in the scalp [and therefore will go bald] and some people are less sensitive to DHT in the scalp and wont go bald. it all comes down to genetics.

now, there are 2 types of enzymes that metabolise test to DHT.

alpha 5 reductase type 1.

alpha 5 reductase type 2.

type 1 is the one responsible to activate the "receptors" on the skin[that produce oil] and the brain.

type 2 is the one responsible to activate the "receptors" on the scalp [and therefore cause baldness] and the prostate.

the more sensitive that person to DHT of some type, the higher the chance he will have a "side effect" of this type. those are sensitive to type 1 are prone to oily skin\hormonal acne. and those who are sensitive to type 2 are more prone to baldness and prostate cancer.

so what is the solution? lower DHT. sounds simple? WRONG

why its not that simple? its not that blocking DHT is a problem, no, not at all. the problem is, the less DHT is converted from free test, the more estrogen is converted from free test. means that the lower DHT levels are, the higher estrogen levels are. for women,not a big problem [even though its also not the healthiest thing for women, but they wont bother the side effects]. for men? unless you want to grow boobs and gain same decent fat ass then..... its not a good idea.

but you might thing:"wait! if i block both DHT AND ESTROGEN, then i wont have side effects". WRONG AGAIN!

cuz if both DHT and estrogen are blocked, free test is converted to SHBG and that will lower your test level [if you dont have a problem lowering your test then fine].

but you can also block SHBG, yes you can! but its not healthy to block all 3 hormones.

by the way, the same is true for women who have acne near PMS. DHT levels are getting higher, and they breakout. yet if they take birth control pill then theres a good chance the acne will go away. why? cuz birth control pill block's DHT.

so what is the solution? the answer is, lower DHT just enough to not have hormonal acne, yet not suffer the side effects of high estrogen.

that means that you need to find the right balance so that you wont block too much DHT and may suffer from side effects of high estrogen, and not block too little so that you will have oil skin\hormonal acne.

how to block DHT? there are many products out there, but i use saw plametto cuz its natural, it has a mild effect on blocking DHT, and it blocks both A5R. types.

so how ejaculation comes into all this? when you ejaculate, your body convert alot of test to DHT, and DHT....... you know the rest......

so thats it, now i hope everyone understand the science behind ejaculation-acne theory, and will never say that there is not any connection. there is-FOR SOME PEOPLE.

gud luck.

Edited by arqa22

All that science and theory is fine, but it doesn't make it anymore true.

Masturbation does not cause acne. You will get acne regardless, trust me. Been there, done that, no effect.

for me it does in some cases, alteast in peroids when i drink/smoke alot of weed and wank i get breakouts, however if i dont wank i dont break out

yes yes yes and once again, yes!!

its all about DHT\alpha 5 reductase.

heres the science behind it.

as we get to puberty, testosterone production getting bigger.

theres also such thing called free testosterone, wich also depends on the amount of testosterone there is in the body.

the more testosterone there is in the body, the more free testosterone there is in the body.

now, free testosterone do 1 thing, it becomes to 1 of the 3 hormones ill mention now:

DHT [dihydrotestosterone]-wich is created via enzyme alpha 5 reductase. DHT increases sebum production>oily skin [why oily skin only on face? cuz the face is the most sensitive part. but the back/neck/shoulders are also sensitive, wich are also known areas for acne]

estrogen-the female hormone, this hormone doesnt cause oily skin, and thats why women have more wrinkles as they age. cuz the oilier your face is, the less wrinkles you will have as you age.

SHBG[sex hormone binding globulin]-this hormone is simply anti-androgen and it binds with testosterone and lowers it.

now, in men, high DHT levels are in the body. DHT is anti estrogen wich means it lowers estrogen level in the body. the higher the DHT level in the body, the lower estrogen level in the body.

in women, the opposite is true. higher estrogen levels are in the body, wich means lower DHT levels.

SHBG is active only a little bit in both men and women.

how DHT causes acne? DHT stimulates the the sebaceous gland to produce oil. now, its possible that 1 person will produce 500mgDHT [only for example] and not have acne, and other person will produce 300mgDHT and have acne. why? cuz every body is diffrent and someone is more sensitive to DHT [therefore will have acne] and someone is less sensitive to DHT [and therefore wont have acne].

the same thing goes for people who go bald, some people are more sensitive to DHT in the scalp [and therefore will go bald] and some people are less sensitive to DHT in the scalp and wont go bald. it all comes down to genetics.

now, there are 2 types of enzymes that metabolise test to DHT.

alpha 5 reductase type 1.

alpha 5 reductase type 2.

type 1 is the one responsible to activate the "receptors" on the skin[that produce oil] and the brain.

type 2 is the one responsible to activate the "receptors" on the scalp [and therefore cause baldness] and the prostate.

the more sensitive that person to DHT of some type, the higher the chance he will have a "side effect" of this type. those are sensitive to type 1 are prone to oily skin\hormonal acne. and those who are sensitive to type 2 are more prone to baldness and prostate cancer.

so what is the solution? lower DHT. sounds simple? WRONG

why its not that simple? its not that blocking DHT is a problem, no, not at all. the problem is, the less DHT is converted from free test, the more estrogen is converted from free test. means that the lower DHT levels are, the higher estrogen levels are. for women,not a big problem [even though its also not the healthiest thing for women, but they wont bother the side effects]. for men? unless you want to grow boobs and gain same decent fat ass then..... its not a good idea.

but you might thing:"wait! if i block both DHT AND ESTROGEN, then i wont have side effects". WRONG AGAIN!

cuz if both DHT and estrogen are blocked, free test is converted to SHBG and that will lower your test level [if you dont have a problem lowering your test then fine].

but you can also block SHBG, yes you can! but its not healthy to block all 3 hormones.

by the way, the same is true for women who have acne near PMS. DHT levels are getting higher, and they breakout. yet if they take birth control pill then theres a good chance the acne will go away. why? cuz birth control pill block's DHT.

so what is the solution? the answer is, lower DHT just enough to not have hormonal acne, yet not suffer the side effects of high estrogen.

that means that you need to find the right balance so that you wont block too much DHT and may suffer from side effects of high estrogen, and not block too little so that you will have oil skin\hormonal acne.

how to block DHT? there are many products out there, but i use saw plametto cuz its natural, it has a mild effect on blocking DHT, and it blocks both A5R. types.

so how ejaculation comes into all this? when you ejaculate, your body convert alot of test to DHT, and DHT....... you know the rest......

so thats it, now i hope everyone understand the science behind ejaculation-acne theory, and will never say that there is not any connection. there is-FOR SOME PEOPLE.

gud luck.

Based on the clinical research I can find, DHT inhibition won't help acne.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14988688

type I 5 alpha-reductase

and for type II

quoted from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2923944/

"Since type 2 5α-reductase enzymes are not found in the skin, it is unlikely to be a helpful treatment for aI am currently taking 1mg Avodart daily and I haven't really noticed

Anecdotally, I have been taking 1mg Avodart and this has improved my acne substantially. Not sure why because the clinical research would indicate that this shouldn't happen.

People should really try to at least make an effort at producing some theory by which masturbation can increase acne (and I'm presuming we are only arguing that masturbation increases acne in men).

I thought it did since it would make your hormones go crazy, but I dunno. If you think that's the cause of breakouts, don't do it lol.

it takes 5-6 yrs to reach puberty and during that

Hello!

I want to put an end to this whole masturbation - acne theory. It kills me because I don't know whether or not masturbation is the cause of acne, I can't have a normal sex life because im afraid that I'll get acne in the next couple of days . That's why I've decided to make an experiment. I'll be masturbating once every day for 1 week. After that week, i'll stop masturbating for 2 weeks and observe the changes on my skin. LETS PUT AN END TO THIS!

Updates every day!

Starting with 4 small zits.

Day 1: Masturbated like 1 minute ago.

It takes 5-6 yrs to reach puberty. During that time liver/adernal/thymus glands develops and cannot handle the stress of sex/masturbation.

Zinc is required to get an erection and Potassium is required to maintain an erection. Zinc also maintains ur oil /sebum levels. Too much mastubation depletes ur zinc levels giving u oily skin and hence acne.

Listen to ur body as excessive ejaculation will lead to prostatitis, premature ejaculation etc. which are incurable

If you are born with weak Thymus Gland as most acne prone individuals are then u have to give even more time to allow ur organs to develop

I really don't understand how half the minds on this site work. If any of these proposals were put to medical professionals, they'd just stare at you blank faced. However, I forget that they're all on the payroll of major pharmaceutical companies, so would lie regardless...

Edited by ben100604

I really don't understand how half the minds on this site work. If any of these proposals were put to medical professionals, they'd just stare at you blank faced. However, I forget that they're all on the payroll of major pharmaceutical companies, so would lie regardless...

Yes, it's truly shocking how some people will make the most outrageous, unsubstantiated claims on here without the slightest bit of shame. However, I think a lot people posting here are pretty young. You and I are probably a lot older than most members here, and we were probably just as dumb when we were their age.

Edited by greginctw