Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just curious if anyone uses or has used Dr. Bronners Liquid cleanser in the past?

I've been using it for years on my body and just today tried it on my face (I get small pimples on my cheeks and chins), and the cleanser felt great!

As I was washing I noticed little gritty things come out of my skin (could feel them on my hands - couldn't open my eyes at the time to see because the cleanser would sting my eyes). Anyways, it seems like my skin is now purging bacteria or something because I've gotten a few small whiteheads within the last hour! It doesn't feel irritating at all so I'm hoping this is a good thing. Its just day 1 though!

I've used Dr. Bronners before, but it definitely dries my face (even diluted). If it continues to work for you, keep using it :)

It does work for some people. I tried it on my face for a month and it feels good--get that clean feeling! But it dried out my face so bad and I got my entire face covered with tiny tiny pimples that were kinda hard to get rid of. I can never use soup stuff on my face--liquid hand soap or bar because I get these same spots!

Good luck thought maybe you will be one of the lucky ones!

i started using dr bronner's baby soap last week. i guess it's been about 4 days now. unfortunately my habit of only washing my face once a day hasnt changed. fortunately i can report that i havent had any new breakouts! i'm slowly changing my products to all natural.

so if ur having issues with being dried out by regular cleansers, adding glycerin and/or a natural vegetable-based oil to the dr bronner's liquid baby soap might benefit u. ive read good things about jojoba and coconut oils, also rose hips. tea tree oil u would want to use only if it's a) 100% concentration and b) diluted with water. the baby soap already has natural oils in it but some people may need a bit more of a "boost" to keep from drying out their skin.

oh yeah! i forgot to mention that ive also been using a bee product-based moisturizer and it has been AWESOME!!!! it has: (organic & raw) honey, honey cappings, bee pollen, propolis, st johns wort oil, royal jelly, pure water, balsam fir needles. raw honey, etc has all kinds of healing and preventative properties so i also recommend a honey-based product for moisturizing. some people have talked about Manuka honey but i havent used it yet. i already bought a product i love and although it's a small jar it will probably last until the end of the year! not bad! i paid $39 for 2 oz so it better last!!

Posted · Hidden by AKL, September 14, 2012 - Advertising
Hidden by AKL, September 14, 2012 - Advertising

Emanuel H. Bronner was the maker of Dr. Bronner's castile soap, a concentrated liquid notable for the vast amount of lather produced from a few drops and the vast amount of tiny text on its packaging. Bronner, whose parents were killed in the Holocaust, promoted a belief in the goodness and unity of humanity. All Dr. Bronner's classic liquid & bar soaps are not only certified under the USDA National Organic Program, but also certified Fair Trade! In addition, we offer a range of high-quality organic and fair trade personal care products, from lotions to shaving gels – all certified under the same USDA program that certifies organic foods. At Getnutri You can find the complete range of Dr. Bornner's products on 40% discount prices.

I love Bronners!! ...However I find it too drying to use as either a shampoo or on my face. My ends got really jacked up when I used it on my hair last fall. I do use it every day in the shower on my body without incident, though. Maybe dilute it? I also found certain varieties (tea tree, eucalyptus, peppermint) to be more drying than others (almond).

Just curious if anyone uses or has used Dr. Bronners Liquid cleanser in the past?

I've been using it for years on my body and just today tried it on my face (I get small pimples on my cheeks and chins), and the cleanser felt great!

As I was washing I noticed little gritty things come out of my skin (could feel them on my hands - couldn't open my eyes at the time to see because the cleanser would sting my eyes). Anyways, it seems like my skin is now purging bacteria or something because I've gotten a few small whiteheads within the last hour! It doesn't feel irritating at all so I'm hoping this is a good thing. Its just day 1 though!

Dr. Bronners is mostly coconut oil.

Coconut oil is highly comedogenic.

As a body wash it might be fine if you don't have body acne, but I would NOT recommend it for your face.