Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Supbro93

Using Moisturizer Or Not?

Hey people, was thinking about this the other day.

In THEORY red marks and PIH would fade faster without moisturizer because the skin shedding would be faster right? When skin is shedding at a faster rate the redness will be gone faster, but i've read that you SHOULD be using moisturizer because when the skin is moist it heals better.

What do you think, and what do you use to fade these ghey fukers?

I always assumed that your skin sheds at such a rate regardless of the skins moisture as it's a natural process. I could be wrong about this though.

There are products to help increase the rate in which the skin turns over skin cells such as chemical peels and AHA/BHA lotions.

Hope this helps!

I always assumed that your skin sheds at such a rate regardless of the skins moisture as it's a natural process. I could be wrong about this though.

There are products to help increase the rate in which the skin turns over skin cells such as chemical peels and AHA/BHA lotions.

Hope this helps!

Interesting, I do believe that wounds in general heals better when it is moist but not sire with red marks. In the tanning industry it is said if you want to keep a tan longer you should moisturize (so it stays on longer), just a thought haha. It should be done some research on this shit, its like everyone has different experiences with red marks.

Anyway, do you have red marks now brah?

Hope this helps!

Interesting, I do believe that wounds in general heals better when it is moist but not sire with red marks. In the tanning industry it is said if you want to keep a tan longer you should moisturize (so it stays on longer), just a thought haha. It should be done some research on this shit, its like everyone has different experiences with red marks.

Anyway, do you have red marks now brah?

Wounds do heal better when there is moisture as most of the repair work is done when the area is moist. I'm not sure I would associate red marks with wounds though.

Generally speaking, moisturising the skin will keep it healthy, I believe everyone should use a moisturiser whatever gender and whatever skin type.

I'm currently treating my red marks with Retin-A 0.01% gel.

Moisturizing will prevent that burning feeling you get after you use stuff that sheds away your skin. It will also prevent the shedded area from being red due to the irritation just cuased by your skin shedding stuff.