Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FlowerGirl1234

Has Anyone Used Dermablend Foundation? Is It Really Waterproof? Other Waterproof Foundations?

I love Dermablend! It def covers and stays on! But you need to use the Dermablend setting powder. I had tried using it with a regular translucent powder and it is not the same as the Dermablend setting powder

Estee Lauder Double Wear is sweat proof (Personal Experience) and pretty water proof (Stayed on after getting my face splashed in the pool).

Another water-proof foundation is Estee Lauder Maximum Cover camouflage Make up. It covers EVERYTHING and is waterproof, but not oil-proof and it can also cause allergic reactions and breakouts depending on your skin. It wasn't for me but you could try a sample?

I've used Dermablend and it's pretty water resistant - even in the summer when I'm sweating a lot. I haven't dunked my entire face in water when I wore it but I'm pretty sure it will stay on a decent amount.

Of course though, as said before, you need to use setting powder from Dermablend as well, though I suspect silica powder works too (Make Up For Ever HD powder or ELF Studio powder).

Dermablend is crap, it melts off my face. I have no idea what Im doing wrong, but its the worse foundation I've ever tried.

I don't know if any makeup is going to truly stay on in a pool. I feel like when makeup companies say waterproof, they mean like sweat-resistant, not as likely to get messed up in the rain, etc. But...I have used Dermablend on my shoulder at the beach and it always stays on there (granted I don't dunk my shoulder in the ocean).

If you are looking for a waterproof foundation, I would highly recommend you to try Revlon Colorstay. I too was very worried if my make up would stay on while swimming, but this stays on perfectly. I also have experience with the Vichy Dermablend foundation. It really covers well, but if you have oily / very oily skin this is going to be a disaster. You are going to be so oily within 3 hours of wearing it, even if you're also wearing powder. Besides that, I wouldn't use it over your whole face because that looks very unnaturel. Once I discovered this, I used it only to cover up blemishes, which works really well for me. But ofcourse, this could be different to you. Good luck!