Notifications
Clear all

Dehydrated Skin Problem

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 06/04/2012 3:34 pm

I have dehydrated skin from acne face wash and washing my face to much in the past.And now my skin is red and dehydrated.Im only washing my face with clean water and use cetaphil moisturizing cream. I finished school and now I want to cure my dehydrated skin fast.Im drinking 3 liters of bottle water and eating watermelons and fruits.I read on the internet that I can soak a wash cloth with cold water and apply it on my face as much as I can, but I dont know if this work can someone give their opinion.And since my face is dehydrated, my skin need moisture or water not oil.Im thinking if I can splash water or spray my face with water every 3 or 4 hrs and then apply some cetaphil moisturizing cream.Can someone give me some tips or tell me if the methods I describe above works.I had this dehydrated face skin problem for a year and I really want this to go away sorry for my grammar

I dont get acne any more and i have oily skin..cetaphil moisturizer cream dont break me out.

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/04/2012 4:07 pm

your skin has many many layers, your sebum oil levels are out of wack and your pores are clogged, this isn't going to be a fast healing process by any means.

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 06/04/2012 4:16 pm

your skin has many many layers, your sebum oil levels are out of wack and your pores are clogged, this isn't going to be a fast healing process by any means.

My mom have oily skin ,I think i got it from her. What can I do to help my dehydrated irritated skin? And 2 times a week I apply a mask oatmeal, yogurt,milk for 10 mins. I dont like my face its so dehydrated,red, and I can see some line on my forehead .

I will post a pic tonight and you can see what i'm dealing with. can someone help?

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/04/2012 4:20 pm

do you want to let your skin heal and become acne free? don't do anything to it, use cold water to splash your face morning and night, nothing else...you need to allow your skin time to re-adjust to the environment around you and stabilize, because you have been stripping it out and making it dry all the time, the less you do the more it will heal.

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 06/04/2012 4:28 pm

do you want to let your skin heal and become acne free? don't do anything to it, use cold water to splash your face morning and night, nothing else...you need to allow your skin time to re-adjust to the environment around you and stabilize, because you have been stripping it out and making it dry all the time, the less you do the more it will heal.

On January 2012 I did the caveman thing about the no face wash. And nothing touch my face for 30 days and at the end I have lots of dead skin and it didnt help that much. If i just splash my face with cold water and do nothing will the water evaporate from my skin and make it more dehydrated/drier. Should I moisturize my skin?

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/04/2012 4:41 pm

On January 2012 I did the caveman thing about the no face wash. And nothing touch my face for 30 days and at the end I have lots of dead skin and it didnt help that much. If i just splash my face with cold water and do nothing will the water evaporate from my skin and make it more dehydrated/drier. Should I moisturize my skin?

no moisturizer, and no it will not dehydrate your skin. That dead layer that formed in those 30 days is exactly what you want, the dead skin forms like scar tissue and is there to protect your sensitive face skin (the skin on the face is the most sensitive skin on the body cuz the pores are closer to the surface). Your hands and feet have 40 layers of dead skin for example, which is why no one gets acne on their hands or feet (palm). The dead skin is a good sign and is helping, but in the same process the transition between oily skin and less oily skin it will take time and the dead skin might produce more acne with all that sebum oil. It takes around 2 months to heal to 100% clear skin, but it sounds like for you this will take longer because of how dry your skin is.

A lot of the problem is internal, make sure you eat a non-inflammatory diet and that you don't have food allergens. I also recommend detoxing the liver and kidneys and colon, google search for natural herbs that you can use to make smoothies or juices to do this. Acne is internal and somewhat external (controlled on what you do to you skin and how much you damage it with sun exposure or chemicals.

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 06/04/2012 4:55 pm

I remember when I first got a few pimples at age 14.My face skin was smooth and perfect with a few acne. And then I use proative acne system,clearasil for 4 years everyday and I never use moisturizer cream on my face because I was scare it will clog my pores and cause more acne.And now i'm paying for it. I dont have acne anymore but my skin is bad and dehydrated.I don't what to do now , I just want to get my skin back to normal

no moisturizer, and no it will not dehydrate your skin. That dead layer that formed in those 30 days is exactly what you want, the dead skin forms like scar tissue and is there to protect your sensitive face skin (the skin on the face is the most sensitive skin on the body cuz the pores are closer to the surface). Your hands and feet have 40 layers of dead skin for example, which is why no one gets acne on their hands or feet (palm). The dead skin is a good sign and is helping, but in the same process the transition between oily skin and less oily skin it will take time and the dead skin might produce more acne with all that sebum oil. It takes around 2 months to heal to 100% clear skin, but it sounds like for you this will take longer because of how dry your skin is.

A lot of the problem is internal, make sure you eat a non-inflammatory diet and that you don't have food allergens. I also recommend detoxing the liver and kidneys and colon, google search for natural herbs that you can use to make smoothies or juices to do this. Acne is internal and somewhat external (controlled on what you do to you skin and how much you damage it with sun exposure or chemicals.

I don't have acne anymore.I think i grew out of it , im 23 years old. I rather have a few acne then have this dehydrated skin. If I do the caveman routine again for two months you think it will help?

two months of nothing touching my face or just splash morning and night?

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 06/04/2012 4:55 pm

yes dont forgot to splash with cold water 1 to 2 times a day

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 06/04/2012 4:59 pm

yes dont forgot to splash with cold water 1 to 2 times a day

Will this cure my dehydrated skin and get it back to normal? I know I have dehydrated skin from not moisturizing my skin and using acne products for 4 years. My younger brother just started using epiduo cream and he been using that cream for 5 months,also he never use Moisturize cream . And his face skin is starting to looks like mys, red,irritated,dehydrated, and scaly all over his face.I remember before he use that cream his face was even tone,no redness,or bad ,just a few acne and normal.now his face is almost like mys. what do you think is going on with our skin?

do anyone have this problem?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/05/2012 11:24 pm

hi rarejr. i have the same problem and what has helped me tons is:

using calendula oil (it is a gold flower with lutein in the petals)

lutein has been studied to help increase hydration of the skin.

you've removed precious superficial skin lipids that help maintain the water balance of the skin.

i have done the same and have been dealing with this problem for four years now but i just recently found out about

the calendula oil concept.

please, order this oil, and use it for a moisturizer. you can find it anywhere online and i really hope this helps to heal your skin 100%. mines isn't 100% but mines had been damaged a long time before i had found out about calendula.

and my skin is SO much better i thank GOD for it.

really...

also PH balance is important so use a ph balanced product like aloe vera gel as a cleanser/moisturizer beneath the calendula.

make sure you get 100% aloe vera gel or juice. nothing else.

also, eat greens such as KALE, eat blue berries, & God bless.

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 06/07/2012 2:19 pm

hi rarejr. i have the same problem and what has helped me tons is:

using calendula oil (it is a gold flower with lutein in the petals)

lutein has been studied to help increase hydration of the skin.

you've removed precious superficial skin lipids that help maintain the water balance of the skin.

i have done the same and have been dealing with this problem for four years now but i just recently found out about

the calendula oil concept.

please, order this oil, and use it for a moisturizer. you can find it anywhere online and i really hope this helps to heal your skin 100%. mines isn't 100% but mines had been damaged a long time before i had found out about calendula.

and my skin is SO much better i thank GOD for it.

really...

also PH balance is important so use a ph balanced product like aloe vera gel as a cleanser/moisturizer beneath the calendula.

make sure you get 100% aloe vera gel or juice. nothing else.

also, eat greens such as KALE, eat blue berries, & God bless.

I will order the calendula oil .how long have you been using the calendula oil and when do you start seeing improvment ?

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 06/07/2012 7:45 pm

I can't find pure 100% calendula oil.Im going to get the Herb Pharm calendula oil,the Ingredients: certified organic olive oil & Calendula extractives.

MemberMember
(@boogerman)

Posted : 06/08/2012 9:25 pm

I have the exact problem as you, OP. I had flawless skin my entire life until 5 years ago when I used proactive for several weeks. I ended up with extremely dehydrated skin that was very oily at the same time. Just some details about the condition which I'm sure you're pretty familiar with:

1.) Surface dehydration that doesn't respond to any moisturizer (Putting on moisturizer feels refreshing for several seconds. When it dries though, your skin becomes tight and incredibly oily and shiny.)

2.) Constant dead skin formation (Unlike dead skin on other parts of the body, it is actually VISIBLE. You can easily see the rough surface texture. The longer you wait, the more it forms, and the nastier it looks.)

3.) Fine lines (Presumbly caused by the dehydration, so treating the dehydration should fix this problem too. Depending on how severe it is, you might not have a lot of this.)

4.) Absurdly high oil production (An unnatural amount of oil. It is not like how some people have oily skin type at all. I DID NOT have oily skin at first. My skin was perfect until I used the acne products. Biggest mistake of my life. It has ruinned my life, literally. It hurts me just thinking about it...)

5.) Depending on the weather, tight skin

6.) Clogged pores all the time (When you sequeeze the dried up pus out, they return within hours.)

Nothing helped at all. If you are looking to do the caveman regimen, please don't. I urge you not to because I have done that for years now and my condition did not improve. You can read my old posts and my blog if you're interested in my story. I have been dealing with this for over 5 years now. Dieting doesn't do jackshit. Take my word for it. I've experiemented with various different diets and I got healthier in the process and acne was gone, but nothing changed about my face. I'm 20 years old but my skin looks like it belongs to someone at least 50.

I'm going to try the calendula oil too. I really hope you Cubed are not a fucking liar. In other words, I hope you are really having the same problem, and are really seeing improvement, because I'm so sick of idiots who have perfect skin and don't know what they're talking about, mistakening this problem for oily skin or dry skin or whatever when it's not, then recommend the same old shit that never works. I hate those people so much. Seriously, I have built up so much frustration and hatred in the last couple of years, so don't fucking lie. And by the way, I don't need any pity and sympathy. I have had it with that bullshit now. FUCK OFF! Just don't lie and act like you know something when you actually don't.

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 06/09/2012 9:46 am

I have the exact problem as you, OP. I had flawless skin my entire life until 5 years ago when I used proactive for several weeks. I ended up with extremely dehydrated skin that was very oily at the same time. Just some details about the condition which I'm sure you're pretty familiar with:

1.) Surface dehydration that doesn't respond to any moisturizer (Putting on moisturizer feels refreshing for several seconds. When it dries though, your skin becomes tight and incredibly oily and shiny.)

2.) Constant dead skin formation (Unlike dead skin on other parts of the body, it is actually VISIBLE. You can easily see the rough surface texture. The longer you wait, the more it forms, and the nastier it looks.)

3.) Fine lines (Presumbly caused by the dehydration, so treating the dehydration should fix this problem too. Depending on how severe it is, you might not have a lot of this.)

4.) Absurdly high oil production (An unnatural amount of oil. It is not like how some people have oily skin type at all. I DID NOT have oily skin at first. My skin was perfect until I used the acne products. Biggest mistake of my life. It has ruinned my life, literally. It hurts me just thinking about it...)

5.) Depending on the weather, tight skin

6.) Clogged pores all the time (When you sequeeze the dried up pus out, they return within hours.)

Nothing helped at all. If you are looking to do the caveman regimen, please don't. I urge you not to because I have done that for years now and my condition did not improve. You can read my old posts and my blog if you're interested in my story. I have been dealing with this for over 5 years now. Dieting doesn't do jackshit. Take my word for it. I've experiemented with various different diets and I got healthier in the process and acne was gone, but nothing changed about my face. I'm 20 years old but my skin looks like it belongs to someone at least 50.

I'm going to try the calendula oil too. I really hope you Cubed are not a fucking liar. In other words, I hope you are really having the same problem, and are really seeing improvement, because I'm so fucking sick of idiots who have perfect skin and don't know what the fuck they're talking about, mistakening this problem for oily skin or dry skin or whatever the fuck when it's not, then recommend the same old fucking shit that never works. I hate those fucking little dipshits so fucking much. Seriously, I have built up so much frustration and hatred in the last couple of years, so don't fucking lie. And by the way, I don't need any fucking pity and sympathy. I have had it with that bullshit now. FUCK OFF! Just don't lie and act like you know something when you actually don't.

I have all 6 conditions you listed.I thought I will be the only one with this problem.Im not going to do the caveman regimen because I did it for 45 days and nothing change.My skin does look old too.When I put on any moisturizer it feel good for couple mins then it feel tight and red fast.My face get irritated fast.When I raise my eyebrow or smile for 15 sec I can see dehydrated lines on my face for 30 sec and then it disappear.I use like 10 different moisturizer cream and I even wasted 100.00 dollar on estee lauder advanced night repair concentrate serum,Nothing work,they all have the same result.But I notice after I take a shower and when my face is wet my skin look good for like 5 mins,then it turn back to some old person skin.I really want to fix this before it do any damage to my skin.I know I have dehydrated skin 100%.

And my skin is so oily too.I been dealing with this dehydrated skin problem for 3 years.This problem have control my life for 3 years.If I leave my skin alone for years it will still be the same mess up condition. My face skin need water and somehow it cant hold on to water.Cubed I know you right about the skin lipids,I know 100% I removed my skin lipids from acne products,washing my face many times a day, and never using moisturizer cream after my acne products

The only thing that is touching my face now is water nothing else,no moisturizer cream.I think moisturizer cream won't help my super dehydrated skin or restore my skin lipids.My skin don't flake at all.

There have to be some cream that made to restore skin lipids,because this is not normal.I really hope this calendula oil works.Thank You Boogerman you save me time ,We both have the same skin problem.And diets,moisturizer cream,and caveman regimen don't work.We remove our skin lipids or have really low levels of skin lipids.And the skin lipids is made to hold water moisture in our skin,

I ordered the calendula oil and its coming Tuesday.I hope to god this works. If someone out there have or had this problem, Please reply to this post.I really want this to go away.

MemberMember
(@tyler-r)

Posted : 06/15/2012 8:43 pm

I have the saaammmmmeeee thing going on with me. I destroyed my skin and its so oily but if something rubs against it flakes form. I have been using the water splash method and it is not helping that much exactly like you said. I am in the same exact boat, tons of clogged pores and virtually nasty looking skin and i dont even want to attend parties cause i know everyone else skin is perfect. FUCK THE SKIN CARE INDUSTRY AND ALL THEIR PRODUCTS JUST TO MAKE MONEY IN THIS CORRUPT WORLD. There is a cure out there but they wouldn't make money if it was available to the public. Someone help us.

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 06/15/2012 9:02 pm

The cavemen regime is essential to the healing process. Wash your face with ONLY water and your fingertips. Move your fingertips in GENTLE circular motions after being in the shower for at least ten minutes.

By FAR the best moisturizer (that actually keeps your skin soft and supple) is 100% pure USP Glycerin. (Can be found cheaply at Wal Mart or any drugstore)

Place one DROP onto wet hands and gently massage it into your skin.

It will take about a year for your skin to normalize so be patient and most importantly be GENTLE with your face.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 06/16/2012 12:33 am

Today I was searching about lutein and skin dehydrated.And I found this- http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/51711.php .I read that lutein increase skin hydration and lipids level.And This is good news for me because lutein should help my skin restore my lipids level back to normal.It also stated that talking

10 mg oral lutein supplement and

topical lutein increase skin hydration and superficial lipids. Calendula oil have high level of lutein so this is good for topical lutein. And For oral lutein I will get the

FLORAGLO lutein supplements.I will post update in 1 week. here is another link http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39937&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

MemberMember
(@boogerman)

Posted : 06/16/2012 9:16 pm

Please do. Mine arrived yesterday and I just started using it. I'll update when I got something.

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 06/16/2012 11:07 pm

I HAVE THIS. My skin is rediculously dry. I have tried all kinds of lotions and sometimes got so frustrated that i pout insane amounts of lotion on my face and it was still dry!! I've been moisturizing my skin everyday for like 4 years with coconut oil and jojoba oil and it never made my skin produce oil, it just covered up the dryness.

I know lotions don't work at all for skin that can't produce oil, there is no way a lotion will allow your skin to produce more oil, it just masks the problem. But, for me, it can't even MASK the problem, it just makes my skin feel gross and sticky. It only feels smooth and moist for 5 seconds then when the lotion dries my skin feels tight and terribly dry.

However, if i go a reallyyyyyyy long time without washing my face or letting any water touch my face, then when I vigorously exfoliate my skin with a facial loofa and other exfoliants in the shower, my skin will feel soft for a day or 2.

If i exfoliate my skin with a gentle exfoliator everyday it will just get dry so i can

Btw what are lipids?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/27/2012 11:36 pm

believe me, i have this same problem.

the calendula will be steeped in some other oil...such as olive oil. so that's fine.

i also have being doing research on TAURINE, topical TAURINE, as well as 100% cholesterol, or something called, "super sterol liquid"

believe me, guys. i am not jiving...i have this same dehydrated, crepey skin.

i have avoided a lot of lines, though.

niacinamide powder helped as well....mixed it with some water or aloe vera gel and putting it on my skin. that reduced some of the fine lines i was developing.

but it didn't cure my skin.

so i tried many different things...but what has really helped is calendula oil...

and then i have tried 100% cholesterol that i had ASKED gardenofwisdom if i could purchase because they didn't have it for sale. i just emailed them.

i have been using it but i'm afraid that it is just sitting on top of my skin and not working.

i mean, it blends in well with my skin, but i rinsed my face off and wiped it off with some aloe vera juice and my skin look crepey, slightly...SLIGHTLY again..

the slight crepeness will not go away it seems but i have been using the calendula for only about 3 months or so and the cholesterol about 1.8 weeks...so, it takes time...

but i'm going back to calendula oil, to see if maybe 6 months use will improve it even more...

and i want to try topical taurine, too...because i read something on pubmed that says in increases all three skin barrier lipids...in reconstructed skin...i dont know what reconstructed skin is, though...so yeah, im thinking they didnt test on real human skin, but it's still promising...and i have hope....

to the health of us all!

God bless

MemberMember
(@gorgeouslygothic)

Posted : 06/28/2012 6:16 am

In addition to fruits and vegetables, make sure you have healthy fats in your diet too. I went through a very dry phase and adding olive oil, natural peanut butter, almonds and avocados a few times a week made a big difference. Keep up your water-drinking, too. It's not an instant cure, but will help over time.

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 06/29/2012 7:43 am

where do you get your calendula oil from? garden of wisdom? I checked out their web page and tried some stuff but didnt work

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 06/29/2012 12:44 pm

where do you get your calendula oil from? garden of wisdom? I checked out their web page and tried some stuff but didnt work

I got my from here http://www.drugstore.com/herb-pharm-calendula-oil/qxp284380?catid=183238

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/30/2012 12:41 am

Rarejr,

check this out:

http://journal.scconline.org/pdf/cc2006/cc057n01/p00001-p00010.pdf

i bought me some capsules yesterday...and they weren't that expensive

i hope i'm helping you

take care

MemberMember
(@excelicious)

Posted : 06/30/2012 6:11 am

I am 18 and a retinol anti wrinkle cream did wonders in terms of strengthening and keeping my face ultra hydrated. Many commented on how I do not look my age at all for I use anti wrinkle and anti aging products to prevent wrinkles in the future. I am not implying that everyone should do this because YMMV your mileage may vary.

If you want to keep your skin hydrated you should excercise every morning and moisturize twice a day after cleansing. I recommend Lacura night cream. It contains hyaluronic acid (water binding agent that instantly gives the skin a hydrated look), Vitamin B5 (boost hydration), Retinol vitam A (strengthens the barrier of the skin also anti aging) and CoQ10 enzymes that suppplies energy to the cells for function. It made my face supa smooth.

Recently ran out out it and breaking out non stop :(........ I breakout when I don't moisturize.....

Hope that helps!!!

93% would buy it again out of 45 reviewers on makeupalley. Also it is currently the top rated moisturizer on makeupalley.

>>> http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=117386/Q10-Anti-Wrinkle-Night-Cream-/Lacura/Moisturizers