Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janeir36

THANKS, guys (err... I'm being sarcastic)

I've just spent $16 buying BP in TWO DAYS! I'm doing the "Acne Cure" and I just went to pick up one tube of NOTS. Then I come here and everyone is raving about this gel so I've bought that one, too. (Geez... that 4 oz tube just can't be beat, though lol.gif ). I just hope it's all worth it. I will report back smile.gif

oh my... the initial results are not good. I've used the BP gel for three nights now and I've got some painful zits forming that never wouldve come up with the other cream.

Now with the acne cure you actually have to wet your skin thoroughly with ice cubes and then apply the BP to it. For this reason, I never felt Neutrogena's cream was goopy or sticky or anything because it simply glided over the wetness and absorbed thoroughly. Unfortunately with the BP gel, it seems the water on the skin seems to dilute it a little more, thereby diminishing it's effectiveness. Also with Neutrogena's cream I could use a lot less (like two peanut sizes) and get ample coverage and effectiveness, whereas I feel like with this one I need to use more (I'm not really complaining about this since the product was actually made so people could use a LOT of it and still be comfortable). I already calculated that BP gel costs a little under half Neutrogena (price per oz, Neutrogena is $4.97 for .75 oz, BP gel $11.75 for 4 oz), but then if you have to use twice as much for similar results, it kind of evens out.

Well, I'll keep trying, I'm quite determined to make this work. Hopefully things should be different in one more week.

oh my... the initial results are not good.  I've used the BP gel for three nights now and I've got some painful zits forming that never wouldve come up with the other cream.

Now with the acne cure you actually have to wet your skin thoroughly with ice cubes and then apply the BP to it.  For this reason, I never felt Neutrogena's cream was goopy or sticky or anything because it simply glided over the wetness and absorbed thoroughly.  Unfortunately with the BP gel, it seems the water on the skin seems to dilute it a little more, thereby diminishing it's effectiveness.  Also with Neutrogena's cream I could use a lot less (like two peanut sizes) and get ample coverage and effectiveness, whereas I feel like with this one I need to use more (I'm not really complaining about this since the product was actually made so people could use a LOT of it and still be comfortable).  I already calculated that BP gel costs a little under half Neutrogena (price per oz, Neutrogena is $4.97 for .75 oz, BP gel $11.75 for 4 oz), but then if you have to use twice as much for similar results, it kind of evens out.

Well, I'll keep trying, I'm quite determined to make this work.  Hopefully things should be different in one more week.