Emu Oil

MemberMember
(@frustrated247)

Posted : 06/03/2012 1:01 pm

I've read lots of posts on here and other websites regarding Emu Oil, but there are not all that many regarding whether its worked or not. So I am curious, for those that have used this, have you used it on active pimples or just red marks? And have you seen results? If so, how long? This seems like a great, natural, sensitive alternative to things like BP or SA but I would love to hear some real results from real people (not from the companies that are selling this stuff)

Thanks1

MemberMember
(@missy-2)

Posted : 06/03/2012 2:44 pm

Hi, I personally love emu oil!! I think I discovered it about 2/3 years ago, and it works wonders! It does take time though, so you have to be patient. But its really good at healing and moisturizing, Ive also found that its good for scabs and red marks, and is certainly useful to have. I don't exactly know if it can be used as an alternative to bp/sa, but i do think that its a good addition to add ontop of bp (this is how i used it)

Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 06/03/2012 7:28 pm

Wasn't emu oil disproved like...years ago?

MemberMember
(@frustrated247)

Posted : 06/04/2012 4:50 am

it was? Everything I've read has sounded positive. I haven't seen anything disproving it. Can you elaborate or send some information? Anybody else??

MemberMember
(@tink627)

Posted : 06/04/2012 10:08 am

Emu oil definitely did wonders for moisturization. As regards actually helping my acne i'm not too sure.. I have overactive oil production and i think the emu oil made it worse. I probly didnt really give it much time to "work" but didn't wanna take a chance in case it broke me out. I heard that people opting to do the oil cleansing method have success with it but that is not my aim. Instead i only use the emu oil for my hair/eyebrows/eyelashes. Hope this helped!

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 06/04/2012 5:29 pm

it was? Everything I've read has sounded positive. I haven't seen anything disproving it. Can you elaborate or send some information? Anybody else??

If you just Googled or Wikipediaed emu oil at any point at all, you would have very quickly found this article:

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/EmergencyPreparedness/BioterrorismandDrugPreparedness/ucm137284.htm

MemberMember
(@frustrated247)

Posted : 06/04/2012 5:44 pm

interesting. despite all my googling I actually never saw that. I appreciate you sending. I do agree that some of the things they claim it to help with seem far fetched, but it is still interesting that so many people have claimed to have seen benefits from it. who knows. i personally am not all that sold on it either so i guess i will give up on it

MemberMember
(@andersch1m)

Posted : 06/09/2012 12:34 pm

If you just Googled or Wikipediaed emu oil at any point at all, you would have very quickly found this article:

http://www.fda.gov/D...s/ucm137284.htm

Reading that link, it was disproven as a "cure all". It doesn't seem like it was disproven as a tool to help with skin acne or healing acne scars. Most cure all-snake oil products get disproven fairly quickly, big surprise. It doesn't mean those products may not have a purpose or two.

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 06/09/2012 2:41 pm

There are no legitimate studies that suggest it does anything for acne or acne scars. In fact, there are no topicals that can actually do anything for acne scars.

It is, at best, a healthy omega-3 fatty acid, which means it's good for cholesterol when ingested, and it may have anti-inflammatory properties. But there is nothing to suggest it actually helps with acne or scars. Don't be duped.

MemberMember
(@pinkunicorn)

Posted : 06/27/2013 11:02 pm

I believe the key in healing acne scars is long-term persistance, meaning you have to wear the treatment (emu oil, aloe vera, ect.) almost 24/7 for your skin is in a state to start "rebuidling" layers or collagen.

Emu oil though is in fact very helpful and beneficial, check out the article here: [Removed]

You will see that Emu oil has the ability to do a lot, most prominently getting rid of red acne marks and the overall redness on your face.