Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i've never used it but i've heard good things about that combo in particular. the reason i've never used it, is because i've read that jojoba oil is slightly pore-clogging. i use emu oil because it is 100% non-comedogenic and it has the same properties of jojoba oil (transdermal)...

by the way, although emu oil is way more expensive, it is wonderful at healing redmarks from old pimples...

Ok, thanks for the info. I've heard of the Emu oil and planned on getting both but they only had Jojoba at the store. I've always been a fan of tea tree oil. Desert Essence Blemish Touch stick is good for getting rid of pimples.

Jojoba oil is great when used with tea tree oil - it helps the antibacterial properties of the tea tree oil penetrate deeper into the skin.

I like that combination, but my preferred combo is: Emu oil and manuka oil. Manuka oil is 33 times more antibacterial than tea tree oil, and emu oil is more transdermal and contains greater concentrations of essential fatty acids than jojoba - so this is an even more powerful combination; although, of course, it is more expensive.

sad.gif

I like your combination too, though - there are very few people who find jojoba oil actually clogs their pores, so don't worry too much about this.

i've never used it but i've heard good things about that combo in particular.  the reason i've never used it, is because i've read that jojoba oil is slightly pore-clogging.  i use emu oil because it is 100% non-comedogenic and it has the same properties of jojoba oil (transdermal)...

by the way, although emu oil is way more expensive, it is wonderful at healing redmarks from old pimples...

Guest brokencocoon

Hi.

I've been using jojoba oil as a facial moisturiser for years. I HAVE mixed it on occasion with tea tree oil, but for some reason when I'm broken out all my face seems to want is minimal and gentle...the tea tree never gave me any extra noticable results that I could tell. I do it sometimes just out of a compulsion to try SOMETHING that will speed up healing.

But I love my jojoba oil. I've tried lots of other moisturisers and I always come back to just plain old jojoba.

I started using it a couple of days ago and so far so good. I didn't mix it with tea tree oil because I decided to order the manuka at some point. Hopefully it will continue to give me good results. I have a problem with products working for a week or 2 and then poof! No results anymore.