Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dear friends,

I have not signed in for a couple of years. Let me remind you of my scar condition. I have just a few scars, one of them is an ice pick and two or three others are boxcar. I had microdermabrasion, blood transfer and IPL a few years ago. It worked, nobody was able to see my scars after these treatments but me :) they were invisible but still there. My doctor told me it was the level he sought to reach and he managed,- and we should stop. Thus we stopped. Actually I was happy, when I told people that I had acne scars everyone was thinking I was mad because they could not see anything. I can say I received 50 % improvement.

Then I moved to Brazil, Sao Paulo. Since Brazil is famous for aesthetic, plastic operations, beauty-related sector, the first thing I did was to go to a competent dermatologist. She offered me 3 sessions of Fractional Laser and some peeling sessions. I had one peeling session which was a moderate peeling and one Fractional Laser session. The doctor (and I to be honest) was amazed with the result. I really do nout want to deliver any null hopes to anyone. Because I know how scarring affects our psychology and lives. I am just telling what worked for me. After these sessions the doctor did not see any need for other sessions and we stopped.

I can say that I had at least 70% improvement. Scars are still there, but nobody including me can see the. I have to get very close to the mirror to see them.

If you have mild to moderate scarring, fractional laser works.

Congrats, everyone on the scar forums dreams of having success stories like yours.

May I ask what laser she used, Fractional Co2, Erbium, Fraxel Repair, Deep Fx, Smart Dot, etc....

Thanks for sharing!