Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with dealing with eczema while on oratane/accutane?

I normally get eczema, but since I"ve been on Oratane it's gotten a lot worse.

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep it under control while on the drug? I don't like having to put hydrocortisone on my face every night.

Thanks, Nicole :)

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with dealing with eczema while on oratane/accutane?

I normally get eczema, but since I"ve been on Oratane it's gotten a lot worse.

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep it under control while on the drug? I don't like having to put hydrocortisone on my face every night.

Thanks, Nicole smile.png

Hey I don't have eczema, but I did a quick search and found this;

'A topical steroid may be required for a few days to clear the rash: obtain a prescription from your doctor or dermatologist. Apply emollients liberally and frequently'.

Hopefully that helps. It's from a New Zealand website called http://dermnetnz.org...otretinoin.html

I'll also include some non-professional sources for you;

http://www.topix.com...V90LQG6GJD8OQPF

http://answers.yahoo...15170832AAqE9vG

Best to ask your derm though. Hopefully your eczema condition calms down for you, and best of luck with your Oratane treatment.

Edited by jamie o

Lots of moisturizer!! Also, if your getting eczema where your clothing touches, it could be your laundry detergent/fabric softener. You could try a brand without perfumes or colors to minimize irritation. A topical steroid may be needed, but those cannot be used on the face. Topical steroids clear up my eczema patches in a few days.

I had excema really bad on my hands, and a bit on my arms. My derm prescribed me Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream. It cleared my excema up. Vaseline also really helped, lol.

Do you know what's in that cream? I've tried so so many creams over the years to get rid of it but surprisingly never vaseline! haha I will have to give it a go! Thanks.

Lots of moisturizer!! Also, if your getting eczema where your clothing touches, it could be your laundry detergent/fabric softener. You could try a brand without perfumes or colors to minimize irritation. A topical steroid may be needed, but those cannot be used on the face. Topical steroids clear up my eczema patches in a few days.

Thanks, but as I mentioned I don't like putting hydrocortisone on my face, & thats because it is a steroid & all of the long term effects it has on your skin. I have only ever used sensitive laundry detergent as everything else has always given me reactions. I have very fair, sensitive skin! :(

Do you know what's in that cream? I've tried so so many creams over the years to get rid of it but surprisingly never vaseline! haha I will have to give it a go! Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that Triamcinolone and Acetonide are the main ingredients.

Triamcinolone

Acetonide

Triamcinolone Acetonide

It is a more potent derivative of triamcinolone, being about 8 times as potent as prednisone.