Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manimal

Zinc Supplements (Worth Reading)

So I am not a writer and i don't normally post on forums but I've been wanting to post this for a couple years now please bare with me.

I began taking zinc supplements (30 mg) once a day after breakfast a few years ago and I have had pretty amazing results. I started having minor acne around the age of 18 and it gradually got worse and worse till i was about 22. By that time it was moderate to severe acne. I know it sounds shallow but it was really depressing.

I was at total war with my face trying every thing out there to destroy my acne but it seemed like it only made it worse and worse. Now I'm pimple free. I don't spend money on face wash or any of that garbage anymore. I don't even directly wash my face. I just take a normal shower once a day.

the 30 mg zinc supplements are only 3 bucks for 100 which is enough to last 3 months.

I don't want to get any ones hopes up because I'm no scientist. It could be that I stopped over washing my face with all that harsh anti acne garbage Or i was just going through a bad phase. I'm not sure, but i think its worth a try. I hear a lot of people have great success with it too.

Just REMEMBER to take with FOOD (it will make you dizzy if you don't) and don't take some crazy 100 mg or something. Also the results were very gradual. It was a couple really long months before i notice my acne was gone, almost another year before the scars and red spots healed. lucky for me the scaring was very minor. now you cant even tell I ever had it.

Anyway good luck beautiful people and if you have had good or bad experiences or are deciding to try it now plz post a comment in response

What brand/exact product do you use for your zinc supplements? I usually use the shops own brand but I would like to try different makes.

What brand/exact product do you use for your zinc supplements? I usually use the shops own brand but I would like to try different makes.

I don't use any special brand. Right now I'm just using the GNC brand 30mg. GNC is just a regular chain store for vitamins and supplements.

When i first started taking zinc I was taking a 50mg pill. It seemed like a lot so I broke it in half and took half in the morning and half at night b4 bed.I stopped doing that though because you have to take zinc with food and I don't like to eat before bed.

I don't know if there is much of a difference in brands though.

good luck =)