Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
backandshoulderacne

Working Out And Back / Shoulder Acne

Hello,

I want to clear up my back and shoulders. I started to work out at gym regularly but this has created more acne and irritated existing areas. I use the gyms disinfectant spray for the equipment. After I work out I use a cleanser and leave it sit on skin for a few minutes then I shower for 15 minutes without soap. When I use cleanser for these post workout showers am I supposed to apply this before or after the shower? May cleanser be applied and not rinsed off, and is AHA really necessary for the back regimen recommended here? I don't see AHA on the shelves here. How long is following this regimen going to take to see improvement? Can the regular regimen be used for the back and shoulders? Can the same cleanser help back and face equally? Anybody have tips to help with working out and minimize the acne problem? I am very annoyed because I started to workout to look and feel better, not worse.

This picture is a couple weeks old and I have more acne now.

post-177145-0-31736900-1338274094_thumb.

I have a dermatologist visit in 2 weeks!

What should I know for this visit, I waited months and don't want waste opportunity.

Thanks for any replies! whistling.gif

Edited by backandshoulderacne

Bro have you looked at the back regimen from the begining? It explains all of your questions and it may give you a pointer or two; there might be some videos availible as well but don't quote me on that. I am having the same problem, I just started p90x about two weeks ago and the floor exercises were irritating my back. I am currently on the face regimen and it's working wonders for me; I will start the back regimen as soon as my products arrive and let you know how it goes. Good luck!

If you look closely at the back regimen, it does not state when to shower. I was also concerned because of the amount of sweat from working out sometimes, seems it would be best to shower and then apply the cleanser then rinse the cleanser off? It appears that AHA is something that may not be needed for some people and as stated I am not seeing it on shelves here. Thanks for replies.

...unless does wash mean shower? and how then 5 seconds, cause this sounds more like a rinsing.

Edited by backandshoulderacne

I do see lots of people at the gym with bacne. It could be the whey protein they take. I use plant-based raw protein powder as I am a vegan, and I don't get acne on back anymore. I used to get a lot like those guys at the gym :|

I just visit dermatologist and he thinks I have Miliaria and this is really what leading to my acne and irritation on my back and shoulders. Any tips about treating the back and shoulders for people with miliaria. I am prescribed minocin 100g each night, I make sure all my shirts are moisture wicking and I shower after gym with cleanser then apply 5% benzoyle peroxide on affected areas. I heard to apply corn starch to skin before working out also helps but I don't know if I really want try that but does anyone know if really works?

any suggestions greatly appreciated.... thanks.

Question: do you get painful cysts on your body? cause your acne looks exactly like what i have on my back, except mine is abit worse

I don't think so... but i do have alot more itching recently, maybe because of dryer skin from the BP.

My shoulders seem to be improving but my back worsening.

I just wish could make this go away, It's seriously depressing looking at almost everyone else with near perfect skin lol. (((

I heard to apply corn starch to skin before working out also helps but I don't know if I really want try that but does anyone know if really works?

any suggestions greatly appreciated.... thanks.

Corn starch? Good way to irritate the skin. Just use unscented baby powder.

Before Accutane, while going to the gym I just washed with Head and Shoulders on a exfoliator pad and gently scrubbed my back and chest after a work out. It worked pretty well. Give it a try without the BP. Costs $3 for the classic clean bottle so if it doesn't work.. no big money lost