Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnesmith

Sebaceous Cyst Behind Ear Becomes Inflammed With Soda

Hello,

I currently have a large sebaceous cyst behind my right ear. It first appeared during finals week about a month and a half ago. I've had cysts there before (and even had one removed) but they only last about a week and are not visible. However, this time around it much larger. It seemed that either stress or soda seemed to cause it to be inflamed because the couple of times I had cysts there in the past it was either due to large coke consumption during times I've needed to study for a test (and hence the stress). After the semester ended, I fasted from carbonated sodas for about 2 weeks and the cyst seemed to die down, but a couple of days ago I indulged in a coke or two and it became inflamed worse than before. What is the best way to get rid of this cyst (I would prefer not to have surgery since I have had it before and since it is right behind the ear)? A little history: I used to have cysts and severe acne all over my face and then I started to take Acutane and all the cysts and acne disappeared. This was in the 9th grade. I had the same cyst removed before I took Acutane and it hasn't really bothered me until now (I'm 20). Thanks in advance.