Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
katriona

Has anyone ordered multiple tubes of BP from USA?

Hi smile.gif

I have previously ordered one tube of dan's bp gel and now want to order some more, but i think i should order more than one tube this time cuz the shipping costs are as much as the stuff (as everyone will probably know). HOWEVER, I'm confused about the import tax stuff, from what I can make out from Customs & Excise is that you're allowed £18 worth of stuff imported in (not including shipping costs), before you have to pay import tax.

Has anyone from the UK ordered more than one tube? How many do you think I could get away with ordering, cuz i'l be seriously pissed off mad.gif if I have to pay £15 tax on my order.

Import tax is charged at 25% of the product worth, the company I work for orders a lot of parts from America. I've ordered stuff from america before and asked them to mark the package as being worth $30, I don't get charged then.

I emailed the 'acne supplies' people and they said that all the orders are generated automatically so they can't help me out by understating the value of the contents. Looks like im gonna have to risk it. I'm gonna go for three tubes, four is just over the limit by a few pence i think.

It's difficult for us Brits because of these Customs and Excise charges. There is no actual details of charges we may have to pay - it is totally random. Also the worst thing is that since BP gels are medicine, it's more likely to be opened up by Customs officials because of drug control etc.

I haven't ordered anything yet from the US after my last mess up - ordering a Fossil watch for £35 and ending up having to pay £250 because the package had to be searched and compounded.

Never again will I risk that.

Shit, thats a pretty bad experience. I decided to just order two tubes (i didn't realise the shipping charges increased for each extra tube, i thought it was all the same, however many you ordered), i think that comes to about £20 including the postage.

Well i order a lot from the states and customs is a bit of a lottery - sometimes I get charged and sometimes I dont, and it also seems to depend on the carrier - if parcelfarce get hold of it then customs are almost 100% certain but i never get charged with FedEx and its 50/50 with the royal mail.

I ordered 6 tubes of this (after using up my first order of 2) and despite £54 dollars being listed on the form it got through with the royal mail and i wasn't charged anything

i buy electrical goods from usa all the time. Ive never been caught by customs.

Mark the item as gist and you can get away with anything worth £36.

Or just lie and lower the value of the item.

customs r a major pain in the ass. I thought i was gettin a bargain digi camera off ebay untill i had to pay half the damn things value in import duty. what a load of tripe....

customs r a major pain in the ass. I thought i was gettin a bargain digi camera off ebay untill i had to pay half the damn things value in import duty. what a load of tripe....

Guest Avian

What's actually so special about Dan's BP gel? I just used Pan Oxyl, works fine for me.

That wonderful man Mr Brown has just raised the maximum amount brought in to £1,000 so it'll be easier to bring in the gel without it being searched.

I go to the doctor for panoxyl and i get it free each time. Is Dans gel got anything special in it?? will it work better or something.

the limit is £18. if its more than that you MAY get charged. (that amount does not include shipping costs, just the value of the items). I can order 4 tubes fine. Although i've ordered stuff totally much more than £18 worth before and been fine. To be certain, just use a currency converter to make sure its less than £18.