Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was using aloe vera gel in a bottle as a moisturizer for my oily skin. Before I used cetaphil but it never seemed to fully absorb into my skin. For the past few days my skin has been dry and flaky. I thought it was from my BP cream but later I noticed there's alcohol in the aloe vera gel. Im thinking the alcohol is what dried out my face because I havent had problems with using my BP cream. I read the ingredients in the aloe vera bottle when I bought it but I must have not been thinking because I wouldnt normally use a product with alcohol on my face. My face feels very tight now. My skin is also very dry and flaking around my mouth and eyebrows. I've been moisturizing with cetaphil but my face becomes dry again 30 minutes or so afterwards. Any advice on what to use on my face or how long my face will be like this? Im not going to use my BP cream until my skin is back to how it was before.

mmmhmmm Alcohol on the face is a big no-no girrrl. But it's nothing to be too worried about:)

Firstly! Really considering not applying that moisturizer anymore, obviously. What kind of moisturizer has alcohol in it anyways? Quite redic if you ask me.

Second, well... the dry flaky skin coming off your face would be dead skin cells, which can be a good, and not so good thing. Not so good as in.. don't over do it!

Erm, if i was you, i would give me skin a day or two, just to re balance it's PH levels. Cleanse with only water, skin is only so fragile, but yet extremely powerful, and of course... sensitive. Leave your skin be for a day or two. Being harsh on the skin is not such a good idea.. People tend to seek for other thing's to fix certain problems, when in reality, all you need is to let your skin be, and it shall heal itself wink.png

So laadeeedaa blablaaa, Don't worry, it will not be like that for a while. Good thinking about not applying BP, i personally despise BP due to it's chemicals. Ooof, have you ever tried applying Organic coconut oil on your skin? smile.png Give that a whirl girl!

Overall, i suggest you don't apply anything on your face! Unless you have a gentle non-alcoholic moisturizer lol. You should always moisturize.

Tootles

Edited by younnn

mmmhmmm Alcohol on the face is a big no-no girrrl. But it's nothing to be too worried about:)

Firstly! Really considering not applying that moisturizer anymore, obviously. What kind of moisturizer has alcohol in it anyways? Quite redic if you ask me.

Second, well... the dry flaky skin coming off your face would be dead skin cells, which can be a good, and not so good thing. Not so good as in.. don't over do it!

Erm, if i was you, i would give me skin a day or two, just to re balance it's PH levels. Cleanse with only water, skin is only so fragile, but yet extremely powerful, and of course... sensitive. Leave your skin be for a day or two. Being harsh on the skin is not such a good idea.. People tend to seek for other thing's to fix certain problems, when in reality, all you need is to let your skin be, and it shall heal itself wink.png

So laadeeedaa blablaaa, Don't worry, it will not be like that for a while. Good thinking about not applying BP, i personally despise BP due to it's chemicals. Ooof, have you ever tried applying Organic coconut oil on your skin? smile.png Give that a whirl girl!

Overall, i suggest you don't apply anything on your face! Unless you have a gentle non-alcoholic moisturizer lol. You should always moisturize.

Tootles

Thank you for answering. You've put my mind at ease. smile.png

Someone actually told me about coconut oil about a week ago but I didnt give much thought to it. I'll have to check it out now though!