Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kenng

tca peel can i pick?

i just did my tca peel last wed. it's peeling now. i got awful looks. dead skin are out.. can i pick out the dead skin???

Guest Tracy

Do not pick the dead skin off. I know it looks nasty....but leave it there until it falls off on its own....usually it'll come off little by little when you wash your face. Make sure to keep an ointment (neosporin, polysporin, zinc oxide ointment, vaseline) on your face at all times. Wash gently and pat dry....then IMMEDIATELY reapply the ointment. Good luck. I hope you heal well.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Definitely do not pick. if it didn't leave any scars, it will cause some hyperpigmentation at least to me.

If you pick, you will scar. You need to moisturize your skin and it will look less flaky. Also, use an spf of at least 15 each day to protect your new skin.

Guest Tracy

Yes, that's ok.....when it falls off on its own. Just don't pull or pick at any of the hanging skin that's left on after you gently wash your face. Just leave it alone. It will usually fall of the next time you wash your face.

i wish my skin would fall off like that.

i did a TCA peel on sinday, and it's still not peeling at all.

anyway - as my doctor told me - don't touch it - just moisturize it with a reach cream it'll help the flakes.

Not all peels actually peel. smile.gif I use 40% lactic acid and get nothing, but if I use Tazorac for a few days my skin flakes right off.

Lactic acid is more of an exfoliator than a peel. TCA is definitely a peel, and will produce noticeable peeling after a few days in most people. If it doesn't, either the TCA is extremely weak or the skin is extremely alkaline or the acid was applied too lightly.