Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
some

my second day after the 23% TCA peel

well,

hi all,

you know those nightmares when you dream a dream and in your dream you see suddenly your skin burnt or in a very very very bad condition, and you wake up and relxes your self its only a dream that reflect your fears ?

well, i had a nice night, i slept well, and then dreamt my face were burnt. woke up - and it was all true )

anyway - woke up - my face is now even redder and a bit brownish. i am not MUCH worried about that cause i now in the 6 days left at home - this shall pass.

what worries me now is that it's seems that all me brown spots (the ones looks like freckles but bigger) are really got larger. really large . and really visible. i controlled them faded before with a vit c. serum but now - they are back big time . screaming out of my face.

does anybody knows what will happen with them ?

do you know what will happenen with them ? is there a chance they will just "fall off" ? (that is mostly why i did this peel, to treat at least some of these brown spots .

also something strange - my forhead - looks fine, at least that's what i think.

not any sign of peeling now... just redness. it feel like me skin won't peel - just the redness will pass by itself.

by the way - should i wash my face (with water ) ?

or should i wait another day ? cause i can wait if it's better this way

grrrrr

Hi, I'm sorry but I don't know if you should wash your face or not. If you do decide to wash it you should do it gently with a mild cleanser and then apply whatever your post-peel topical is. Hopefully it's something like neosporin, polysporin, aquaphor or vaseline.

Guest Tracy

Wash your face GENTLY with a mild cleanser....morning and night.....Make sure to keep an ointment (neosporin, polysporin, zinc oxide ointment, vaseline) on your face at all times. Wash gently and pat dry....then IMMEDIATELY reapply the ointment.

Also, does your face look like this? If so...don't trip...if you keep ointment on it...it will all fall off (usually when you're washing your face) but remember DO NOT PICK any of the hanging skin off!! Just reapply the ointment and more and more will come off each time you wash your face.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...&cmd=si&img=415

thank guys .

yes my face look kinda like this , but a little less red, but a more brown and dirty (i have medium-bright skin normally).

i don't have the NEED to wash my self. i don't feel uncomfortable. but my question/wonder was - if i have to . maybe it's crucial to the healing ? or maybe if i can hold my seld - i better not wash.

(my derm told my if i want i can splurge water from time to time).

unfortunately , here . we don't have that "neosporin" (i only heard about it from beauty forums in the net about a few weeks ago).

my doctor prescribed me some cream (simple rich cream) to put from tommorow (acorrding to him that when the peel should start) right now - no peeling ? (maybe because i didn't wash my face ? )

i also both vaseline ... so i can try that. why is it so important to moisture immediatley Tracy ? is it crucial ?

by the way - i have to go back to work on sunday ? will the redness be gone by then ? cause right now - i look like a monster, and i prefer to get fired then to go to work like this . in the macho firm i work at smile.gif

Tracy was that a full face TCA? Didnt realize the redness and noticability would be that great. If I applied TCA on a few icepick scars will my entire face turn that color? Or only the spot the TCA has touched?

If my entire face turns that color, I will have to wait to perform TCA till I have a good hybernating time available to me.

Guest Tracy
i also both vaseline ... so i can try that. why is it so important to moisture immediatley Tracy ? is it crucial ?

by the way - i have to go back to work on sunday ? will the redness be gone by then ? cause right now - i look like a monster, and i prefer to get fired then to go to work like this . in the macho firm i work at smile.gif

tracy , as i told you before - many thanks.

about work - there is no chance i'm gonna go like this to work smile.gif

was after you did your 25% peel your face were red like in the picture also after a week ?

and about washing my face with water. i didn't start to peel yet- and since the peeling yesterday didn't touch my face even with water .is it important or irrelevant ?

unfortunately ,  here . we don't have that "neosporin" (i only heard about it from beauty forums in the net about a few weeks ago).

you are the greatest smile.gif

i'm one satisfied guy now smile.gif you answered it all . and i am NOT A CAT !!! smile.gif

by the way , it is always said that the effects of this peel is kinda short, only last a few months , maybe a year or two ? is is true ? i mean - if a spot has totally faded - it can't come again no ? (i'm not talking about new sun spots that no one can predict)...

Are you sure you dont have Neosporin in your country? I thought we didnt have it here in Brazil, but then I found out that it´s called Polysporin, but its the same product. Take a look at Pfizer´s website.

Thiago

by the way, i see that "neopsorin" is kind of antibiotic.

well, with no connection, my doctor perscribed me to take 2 peels , twice a day each :

one is oral antibitic

and the second is "zovirax" , for herpes danger , of ingection.

i really don't like thaking to many medicne ( 4 peels a day), and it weakens the body.. .but well. i don't have a choice.

i look now at the cream for the face my doctor perscribed . it's a local cream i guess, it's called :"CETOMACROGOL". it contain mainly :

white soft paraffin BP , cetomacrogol wax BP, liquid paraffin.

i don't have a clue what that means. but it seems to me like a cheap simple moisturizer cream smile.gif

Neosporin and Polysporin are 2 very different products. I happened to be thinking about which to get (for post-peels and TCA Cross) since I ordered some 100% TCA. I am going with the poly since the neo has a couple of oils and other ingredients. I believe in the K.I.S.S. format for skin and other products.

Don't worry SOME...the large brown spots are sun damage, and they will be removed with the peeling. I looked like a freak for 10 days after my 30% TCA...had gigantic freckle looking spots everywhere, but they all peeled off by the 10th day after the procedure. My doctor had me use Cetaphil lotion only, although I think using polysporin is a good idea, maybe it would have prevented the infection I got. Good luck.

hi Wildcard ,

thanks much for the reasurring smile.gif it helps a lot.

what infection were you talking about ? sounds scary . i taking now 2 piils orally - an antibioytic pill and "zovirax" pill (for hereps) for possible infections.

so will the large freckles are just falling off ? i so much wish this will happen. cause my doctor told me that freckles will fall but flat-moles won't . and i'm not sure what i have - all i not now that every freckle and brown spot seems gigantic (catually today is a little better. skin may start to peel, but it seems like it's a thin layer and all the flaws just lay under the skin also sad.gif

what imporvement did you see in your skin ? are you satisfied ? did it stay for a satisfying time the change in your skin ?

Wildcard,

thanks. i see you have answered to my questions in my other post. so many thanks.

did the freckles that came back after a year where the same ones ? the same places ? or new ones ? (cause if it's new one - they had to come anyway...)

i wonder about that. because if it's in the same places - than it mean the peel didn't actually really made them "disapear".

Some,

After the TCA I had gigantic freckles appearing that I never knew I had. Not to worry though, they did indeed peel off with the skin. By day 7 following the TCA peel my skin was very leathery, and thick layers were falling off with washing. Freckles did not return in the same areas, but new sun damage appeared over time.

My infection was not herpes or cold sore related (I was required by the Dr. to take Valtrex to make certain this type of infection didn't occur). I got a staph infection from the side of my chin up to my ear. It was very red and scabbed over for months. I got the infection in areas that the Dr. went deep with the TCA, and an open wound followed. Staph is everywhere, so it's possible that I transmitted it from my hands during washing or from my pillow...who knows. I was worried it would scar, but after 1.5 years it faded.

It's hard to quantify results, but here goes: 0% improvement on depressed scarring; 20% on skin texture (texture returned to original condition after 2 years); and 70-80% improvement on sun damage. I wasn't satisified because I wanted improvement on depressed acne scarring, and it did nothing for that. It did temporarily improve texture, but that wasn't a big concern for me. I would never do it again. The down time is significant for results obtained...JMO!

wildcard,

thanks,

it's my forth day now, and i'll write another new post on that.

just like you, i'm not sure now that it's worth it.

i also see some sundamage even in place my skin HAD already peeled..

today i also thought about infexting my new areas with my pillow or something.

about the texture - i guess that my face WILL imporve - but that's now my main concern . there are some peels that you pay a lot of money and only promise to refresh your face and texture . that - i could do at home with a good moisturizer and finding a good brand store-mask product.

althought as it seems it will improve texture of my skin. but i'm sure it'll be till i use my first pore clogging product smile.gif)

i am not regreting doing the peel cause that maybe one of the only ways to try fade brown pigmentation (tried every cosmetics store think and it's very tiring, with very unsatisfing results.

i just hope the pigmentation and new sun damage doesn't come worse than before... won't it ? (of course i'll use a sunscreen)

and by the what's your plans for your skin now ?

and thanks for all the answer !