Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiffani498

What Helps Swelling?

Hi, have these red bumps that have no white head on my cheek. Does ice help the swelling? Or are there any recommendations on ruducing the size of them? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

I put a blob of 10% bp on mine and it really helps. In fact thats how i got through a recent breakout! be prepared to stay home and blob it on though. It can also be drying and potentially irritating depending on your skin type, so be careful if you was to use it.

There's a few tips and tricks I've learned that really do help. Crush up an Aspirin tablet (capsules won't work) with a spoon on a plate and then add a few drops of water to it to make a sort of paste and apply it to the spots. It works because Aspirin is an NSAID (non-steriodal anti-inflammitory drug) so it literally works by reducing inflammation when put directly onto the area. It also helps a bit if you take one orally but make sure you have no blood clotting conditions it could exacerbate. Ice does seem to work some as well but only if done correctly; incorrectly and it could damage the skin further and cause more redness. There's actually an old post somewhere around here with detailed instructions on how to use ice, but I digress. I'm a big fan of BP as well, but I've never heard of it reducing inflammation quickly. It works by introducing oxygen into the pore, thus destroying the infection which would, after a while, reduce the inflammation so it'd be a good idea to use it as well as long as your skin isn't too sensitive to it. Sorry for the rant, hope this helps.

-Marvolo