Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mieshel

Accutane (Clarus) With Menstrual Period Length And Dehydration

Before taking accutane my period is not regular but its length is only about 1- 2 weeks. however after taking clarus 40mg about 1 week, i start to have period and until now it does not stop yet ... which i believe almost 1 month. So does accutane affect it and is this side effect common or not ??

Also i currently drink a lot of water. I am not sure if i am thirsty or due to psychologic problem.. I used to drink about 1- 2L every day but since i have been on accutane, i drink 5- 6 L a day ... !! Please give me advice !!

Thanks

5-6 Liter's water a day sounds like plenty. I drink roughly 2-3 Liters of water a day however I am not currently taking accutane. With that being said, it wouldn't hurt to drink more, if I remember correctly the average person's kidney's can process up to 15 Liters of water per day. However, if you are really drinking 5-6 Liters a day I would highly doubt your actually hydrated. Dry skin, mouth, lips and eyes are common side effects of accutane. As for the irregular periods, you make want to speak with your doctor about that one.

Good luck!

Before taking accutane my period is not regular but its length is only about 1- 2 weeks. however after taking clarus 40mg about 1 week, i start to have period and until now it does not stop yet ... which i believe almost 1 month. So does accutane affect it and is this side effect common or not ??

Also i currently drink a lot of water. I am not sure if i am thirsty or due to psychologic problem.. I used to drink about 1- 2L every day but since i have been on accutane, i drink 5- 6 L a day ... !! Please give me advice !!

Thanks

I'm also taking Clarus. I started during my period. It was normal. My next period came 1 week late, but that's all.

Are you taking it with birth control pills? If you are bleeding for 1 month, you need to see your doctor. See your family doctor and your dermatologist.

5-6 Liter's water a day sounds like plenty. I drink roughly 2-3 Liters of water a day however I am not currently taking accutane. With that being said, it wouldn't hurt to drink more, if I remember correctly the average person's kidney's can process up to 15 Liters of water per day. However, if you are really drinking 5-6 Liters a day I would highly doubt your actually hydrated. Dry skin, mouth, lips and eyes are common side effects of accutane. As for the irregular periods, you make want to speak with your doctor about that one.

Good luck!

Thank you for your advice. Were you on accutane before?

Thanks

I'm also taking Clarus. I started during my period. It was normal. My next period came 1 week late, but that's all.

Are you taking it with birth control pills? If you are bleeding for 1 month, you need to see your doctor. See your family doctor and your dermatologist.

Thank you for your advice. Just wonder if you have ever taken Roche Accuatane before ???

Good luck!

Thank you for your advice. Were you on accutane before?

Thanks

Thank you for your advice. Just wonder if you have ever taken Roche Accuatane before ???

It does state that Accutane can cause irregular periods. If you already are having problems before Accutane then it is probably adding to the the existing problem you already had. I can only assume that your acne is probably hormonal and Accutane doesn't always work on hormonal acne.

I would call your derm and your gyno and advise them of the changes since starting accutane and maybe if it is hormonal by treating the issue or trying some of the hormonal treatments for acne you won't have to take such a harsh drug.

Good Luck