Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nyla

Why Are My Marks Not Healing?! I Need Answers :(

I've always had an issue with red marks/dark marks and scarring. I tried different products for my acne and ended up giving my skin chemical burns that were EXTREMELY red and pronounced. About a year and a half later they have lightened considerably, about 85%-90% I'd say, but why is my skin still so blotchy even though it's been more than a year?! I've even done the Medlite laser two times.

It looks like I have really uneven skin and in any lighting, dim, bright, dark, my cheeks ALWAYS look like there are prominent brownish patches on them, I don't know what to do because it looks so irreparable. Can someone help me please? I've attached two pictures, one is from around March/April 2011 and another was one taken very recently. I also suffer from hormonal acne which I'm trying to keep under control with fish oil/zinc/apple cider vinegar. Is my skin beyond repair? sad.png

P.S. Ignore the blobs on the second picture, they are not pimples with pus but blobs of aloe vera I put on healing zits. Sorry if it looks disgusting!

Edited by Distressed17

Are you sure the hyper-pigmentation doesn't extend to your dermis?. I believe that I have dermal hyper-pigmentation because mine have lasted 6 years+. You may want to find out, before you choose a suitable treatment right for you.

I am really considering that it might be dermal hyperpigmentation. Is there no chance of recovery then? I'm not sure what my options are. I'm only 17 :(

Well if it is, I couldn't really give you a conclusive answer because I'm still suffering with PIH myself. I did recently purchase some 100% shea butter though and it appears to be fading them (or it may just be my imagination biggrin.png) but I'm pretty certain that it's helping. From what research I've gathered on this, it does eventually heal as the skin is constantly renewing itself, but it just takes a fair bit longer than your typical, superficial PIH. I've heard that Fraxel lasers and IPL treatments help (Though I'd advise against that because there are risks). You may want to trial hydroquinone/lemon juice/AHA/Kojic acid or Retin-A for a while and see if any of those make any significant improvement. If not, you may indeed have dermal hyper-pigmentation, in which case, you may have to speak to a dermatologist about possible treatments. A little personal research never hurts as well, reviews on specific treatments, blogs, forums and such from fellow sufferers.. Good Luck, I hope you find an answer.

Edited by Lee1234

Hmmmm, you only THINK they are not healing, but it's such a slow process girl! lol.

Mine are actually finally starting to fade on their own. How lovely, after about 3 years of poor skin care.

I suggest, you completely stop with the chemicals. Reeeeaaally stop, no good. This may be a bit pricey, but i'm telling you, it's powerful.

1. Dermaroller

2. Coconut oil

3. ACV

Waalaaa, these 3 combined in my opinion, is thee absolute best!

Lemme know if you're interested and i'll be more specific.

Thank you so much for your replies!

@Younn: I've been thinking about doing the dermastamp instead because i heard it's better for localized scars plus many people say it hurts a little less than the dermaroller. i am going to order mine soon from owndoc.com :) are you currently using those 3? how did they work out for you?

Yes, i am currently doing so:)

How's it working out? Well just think, tiny needles penetrate your skin very gently, enough to allow the ACV and Coconut oil to absord deeper into the infected areas. ( Entrapped Sebum, Blood, Scars, Etc ) , even i, thought this was briliant. And so far, 80% of my marks are faded within 2 month period of doing. It's really worth it:)

WOW, that's amazing! 2 months? That's... wow. I'm speechless. lol

But then, I might not have your results. Do you have any before and after pictures?

Yeah i do i'll upload and display some samples when i get back from college. And i'm sure it'll work for you, red marks tend to heal alot faster than scars when it comes to Dermastamping or rolling. :)

Thanks so much, younnn! I do have scars but they are extremely shallow that they look like they aren't there. Mostly rolling scars, you can only see them clearly when you're near me, and when light hits the sides of my face.

So the dermastamp will also work for my rolling scars, right?

Right :) << They will most certainly work for your scars.

& Sorry for the Delay i'm swamped with college and Work, i'm in college atm, i will do my best to post them ASAP.